Celebrity Solstice Repo Cruise September 23, 2013

Faygelah

BTW: We've been together 20+ years and are originally from Texas. We love to cruise. We hope to God we're not the only LGBT cruisers onboard and that we're not the only ones who like to drink and dance in the disco late into the night. We're also always looking for Scrabble and Board Game partners. We are good additions on any trivia team, PD is a former Jeopardy! Champion and Rick knows everything about theater trivia.

Ron and Stan here, doing this & the Sidney cruise. A female couple, Alice & Irene, are going us & we are still working on another couple.

We did the Solstice TA to Barcelona this April & stayed for the btw eastern Med cruise.

We are former Chicagoans now living in Sarasota Florida.

I'm delighted to meet you! I see that your icon & screen name has a circus theme; if you are into circuses (and don't mind talking about them with a 56 year-old) my husband will be especially happy. We've been to circus museums in San Antonio and Baraboo and if it were up to him we'd go to a lot more. We did the Barcelona TA several years ago on the Millennium with both sets of parents; let's just say we're looking forward to doing a cruise with just the two of us and intend to spend late nights at the disco.

Since you've already spent so much time on the Solstice, maybe you could clue us in on the high points. We have an aft aqua class cabin. Do you have an opinion of Blu? Is the view aft worth putting up with the soot from the smokestacks?

Hey Fay...

I confess, I do enjoy circus history, so maybe you & Stan will be bored when your hubby & I talk. We loved the Solstice, brits, open, never felt crowded, VERY easy to get around. There are a few negs; seating in the Theater & movie theater is not very comfortable, feel like you are sliding out of your seat. FOD meetings were held in the Martini Bar, wonderful spot, but super noisy, was moved to Michaels. Food area in the covered pool area is way too small, plus, try finding anything to drink (even water ) after it shuts down, Stan was NOT happy with that. We stay in a reg veranda, so no clue about Blu, did poke my head in, looks nice. We were treated to dinner in the Asian restaurant, so so, that was the only pay extra we did. depends on who you ask about the other pay dining rooms, you'll have to try it for yourselves.

Main dining room is loud. They did a rotten job of showcasing the brunch, good food, lousy setup & lousy service. Seems that certain things were done better on the smaller ships than these bigger ones. Saying all that, it's just a few small negs, not worth worrying about it, hell, would not of booked it for another 30 day trip if it was that bad :)

Smoke, never noticed any. Disco, never went, ahh to be young again :)

ron

Surprised to see this rollcall so early ... we are thinking of doing this cruise through to Sydney as plan to be in US arounf this time and nice way to get back home.

We have been on Solstice before .... she is great ship to sail on. We also like a regular balcony on the hump. Last trip we tried Aqua Class but did not feel it was worth the extra money. If you like to have private easting guess Blue was ok, but I prefer to be with the crowd and have lot of people to talk with ... we only used used Blue twice.

I like cabins on the back of the ship, as on a windy day, you can sit on the balcony and the ship protects you from the wind.

They have FOD meetings and show them on the notice board ... last time they were in the bar at the top of the ship, which has seats we can move around (depending how many).

October we are on the Repco Cruise from Barcelona to Sydney ... so will know a lot more then.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Doonan! There's already an active Roll Call going for this cruise. I was hoping to do a B2B from Seattle to Hawaii, but it looks like Americans, at least, can't begin and end at American ports. Darn it! I am looking very forward to this cruise and am crossing fingers that nothing comes up in the next 15 months that gets in the way of our going. Looking forward to the FOD happy hours!

• 6 months later...

Hi, we are Robert and Jerry from Baltimore, Maryland and will be sailing Ensenada to Hawaii. We're arriving in San Diego a day ahead and will be staying in Oahu for 3 nights post cruise. We were considering going on to Australia but don't think we can handle the looooong flight back home. I have a few posts on the main thread for this cruise but I'm glad to see a growing community of "family" here. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Fall. I'll be celebrating my birthday on 9/25:p

Ron and Stan here, doing this & the Sidney cruise. A female couple, Alice & Irene, are going us & we are still working on another couple.

We did the Solstice TA to Barcelona this April & stayed for the btw eastern Med cruise.

We are former Chicagoans now living in Sarasota Florida.

Hi guys, noticed you live in Sarasota. Jerry and I are visiting your city March 20 -26. We plan to take in a few Baltimore Orioles Spring Training games while there. Maybe we can meet up. Any recommendations for dining in the area? I hear Sarasota has some great restaurants.

We were considering going on to Australia but don't think we can handle the looooong flight back home.

I know what you mean Stan is not looking forward to it at all. We have used all of miles, so no upgrades. looking at breaking up the flight, Sydney / Honolulu, over night, Hon / San Diego. ( we will be driving back to florida )

Hi guys, noticed you live in Sarasota. Jerry and I are visiting your city March 20 -26. We plan to take in a few Baltimore Orioles Spring Training games while there. Maybe we can meet up. Any recommendations for dining in the area? I hear Sarasota has some great restaurants.

Sure, ask away. The ball park is just down the street 5 blocks.

Where are you staying ? What kind of foods do you like ? We don't eat out much but can certainly give lots of recoms.

Lets do this off site, you can reach us at

ron and stan at (google, just the 1st letter ) mail dot com

ron

Sure, ask away. The ball park is just down the street 5 blocks.

Where are you staying ? What kind of foods do you like ? We don't eat out much but can certainly give lots of recoms.

Lets do this off site, you can reach us at

ron and stan at (google, just the 1st letter ) mail dot com

ron

Thanks, will send you an email.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello we're back!!

I'm Sorry but I do not have much time to read the forum!

We'll arrive in San Diego 09/21/13 and we stay in Embassy Suite hotel (transfert with Celebrity to Ensenada). We fly from Milan (Italy). Second Time with Celebrity Cruises.

we are thirty years old. We like take the sun and fun in disco. :D

I found this site for Hawaii Cruise Excursions.

http://hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/

It's sure?

Which hotel to book in Honolulu after the cruise? After we'll go to Las Vegas and we'll visit the city, death valley, grand canyonend bryce canyon.

We are very excited for this sailing!!!

Marco & Gas

Archived