May 28-June 2 Paradise Review Part Two (food)

I arranged my information into topics:

Food: We thought the Buffet was good. I am a picky eater but always found several things I liked.The main breakfast buffet had french toast,pancakes,waffles, sausage, bacon, potatoes, eggs, & oatmeal. My husband & son enjoyed the omelet station. The Continental bar had sliced meats, cheeses, all kinds of fruit, & pastries.

Lunch: The deli had about 8 choices, Reubans, clubs, tuna wrap, etc. The salad bar with varying side dishes and the main buffet changed daily. We had fried chicken, Italian, fried rice & grilled veggies, & fish. In general, the desserts were just bad. I thought they were dry & bland. The rice pudding wasn't bad and the frozen yogurt & ice cream were always available. The outdoor buffet line (hamburgers?!) was always long.

CarnivalParadise2012026.jpgCarnivalParadise2012027.jpg

We had 6:00 dining in the Elation Dining Room. We were blessed with wonderful tablemates ! A family of 4 from Nashville and a mom/daughter from Georgia. The kids were all about the same age as were the adults. Everything we tried (except sushi) was good. Occasionally our son ordered a main dish for his appetizer and some had 2 lobsters. Our favorites were french onion soup, tender briskit, lasagne, chicken & pasta, artichoke dip, the macaroni & 4 cheese with bacon, baked alaska and Warm chocolate melting cake. We had something different each night.

CarnivalParadise2012281.jpg

I had preordered a birthday cake from Bon Voyage for our daughter. Her 15th birthday was Saturday. It was delicious. Our waiter was Irwin and he was so slow and we rarely saw him. I finally had to ask him for the cake. Some of our tablemates were ready to leave. It was disappointing. The table next to us had a wonderful waiter & we saw him all the time.

CarnivalParadise2012288.jpg

Late night Mexican Buffet: Thursday night at 11:30 after Cozumel they had a mexican buffet with all kinds of enchiladas, etc. My favorite part was the different kinds of salsa.....traditional tomato, mango & tomato, corn, etc. They had baked chips that were very good.

CarnivalParadise2012254.jpg

Sorry - another sideways picture ! It's a Mayan Ice Sculpture.

Archived