What to wear to dinner on non-formal nights? -m

TSoccer5

We are planning on eatting with our kids the other nights at the early seating

Is it cold in the dining rooms? I have heard it can be in the shows later in the evening so now I am trying to figure out how to pack (for 4 of us)

I was planning on bringing some sun dresses for dinner is that ok?

I guess I could always pack two sweaters... but I actually do not have two sweaters =-)

we are on the Celebration May 30th

TIA

I know to pack polos and khakis for the boys but it is just my daughter and I who I am wondering about... do I really need to pack two outfits every day.

Trish

You should be fine with sundresses. You'll look a lot nicer than some of the people in the dining room, believe me. The dining rooms are a bit cold. My wife brought a little wrap or tailored jacket most nights. On formal nights, she ended up wearing my suit jacket.

We were on the Conquest in early April. I wore sleeveless tops (very dressy) with skirts on the non-formal nights. I always had to have a sweater with me - the dining room and other parts of the ship do get chilly at night. My sweater was a basic black cardigan and went with everything I wore. :-)

Not quite sure what you mean by 'eating with the kids the other nights at early seating'.......:confused: Does that mean you have late seating and the kids have early? You can't just switch back and forth, y'know? Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.

I've never found the dining room chilly, but I've read that others have. They sell nice 'wraps'/light shawls in the gift ship for $8 or $10, all colors, but of course you could bring your own sweaters. Other than formal night, the dress code is "resort casual", so a sundress would be just fine.

Trish, now I see what you're saying.:D And, about the two outfits for every day...your daughter will probably wear shorts during the day, and something else in the evenings, so yes unfortunately, two outfits a day. However, you could take mix-and-match things, so you won't have to pack so much. I do that...I may wear the same pair of black pants 2-3 evenings, with different pretty tops, and same pr. of shoes. I pack as light as possible. To me, mix-and-match is the way to travel!:)

Archived