Transfers in Venice

kcanada

We are booked on the Regatta Venice to Athens cruise in August. When we booked, our price included one night pre-cruise hotel and transfers from the airport to the hotel and hotel to ship. Does anyone know what kind of transfers Oceania provides? Our cruise documentation states motorcoach. That makes sense for some of the transfer, but I'm not sure how a motorcoach will get us to our hotel. Anyone have any experience with Oceania transfers in Venice?

Hi,

You will LOVE Venice!! I've embarked from there twice, staying a few days ahead each time. If your hotel is anywhere in Venice 'proper', meaning on the canals, the 'motorcoach' will be a water bus, or vaporetto as they are called in Italy. There are buses from the airport, on the mainland, which get you as far as Piazza Roma. From there, its all water transport.

I'm eager for my first Oceania cruise in Sept: Lisbon to Rome.

We are staying at Hotel Saturnia. I am pretty sure you can only get to it by water. We have been to Venice before and loved it. Last time we were doing a land vacation (not a cruise) and took a water taxi from the airport to our hotel...it was a great experience. I was just curious what kind of boat they would put us on for the transfer and if it would be very crowded as I know some of the vaporetto's get.

Thanks for your replies.

We are staying at Hotel Saturnia. I am pretty sure you can only get to it by water. We have been to Venice before and loved it. Last time we were doing a land vacation (not a cruise) and took a water taxi from the airport to our hotel...it was a great experience. I was just curious what kind of boat they would put us on for the transfer and if it would be very crowded as I know some of the vaporetto's get.

Thanks for your replies.

kcanada,

We have stayed at the Saturnia a few years ago and found it a delightful small hotel so convenient to St Marks Square etc. We were in Venice last Nov. for a day and visited the hotel as we were walking round. Nice memories. I believe you will be taken to the Saturnia by water taxi. It is on a small canal not serviced by the vaporetto.

Thanks for your replies.

Oceania usually hires a boat service to run from central location(s) in Venice (think St. Marks Square area) to the Maritime Terminal.

vaporetto.gif

As with any shuttle type service, some "runs" are more crowded than others, so time it right to get the best seat. ;)

We stayed at the Saturnia about a month ago and were picked up at the airport by water taxi. It was a great introduction for our first trip to Venice. The Saturnia was a perfect location for seeing the the sights.

Archived