Crown Princess Tender Policies

rbyrd2531

The cruise rep is correct to a point regarding assistance as the cruise staff will only assist in loading the wheelchair provided it's a folding wheelchair ( without the passenger) onto the tender and will help to assist guiding the passsenger ...............

Just by way of clarification .................

Every line I've been on (which does not include Princess, but does include 3 others in the Carnival Group) will happily put a non folding chair on the tender providing it does not exceed the maximum weight limit. This is usually 23 Kg IIRC. It is usually the last thing on and the first thing off. They are normally also happy to deal with heavier chairs which can be broken down into smaller bite-sized pieces. In this case, I wouldn't bother trying without the aid of a carer who knows how to split and reassemble.

I do wish that more line would follow the HAL policy of having a tender for full-time chair users who cannot stand and make the step across to the tender, albeit with a little help.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question I have is why would Princess remove the Costa Maya port from the itinerary to "save fuel costs" instead of Belize?

Is Belize a more desirable stop? It seems more fuel would be saved by skipping the tender port : )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived