7day society island June 23 - need help for Bora Bora excursions!

poohhunny

Hi, newbie here, this is my first time visiting the French Polynesia with PG and i am super excited.. just came across this forum (kicking myself for not checking it out earlier) and i noticed Reef Discovery seems to be very interesting...

I have got Circle island by waverunner and lagoonarium reserved so far for Bora Bora but not i am second guessing if i should book with reef discovery instead.. my travel agent was scaring me about not doing the excursions thru PG but after reading the posts seems like Reef Discovery is a pretty trustworthy company to deal with...

Anyway, just wondering if its worthwhile for me to do Reef Discovery instead of Lagoonarium or i should just stick with PG excursion instead? my hubby is very cautious about doing excursions with local tour operator and he wonders if reef discovery is that much better than lagoonarium or circle island by waverunner..

we are flying out in 2 days so any feedback will be greatly appreciated!! :D

thx! i was looking at their website and looks like one of the stop on their itinerary is going to the "aquarium".. is that the lagoonarium or its a different spot? cuz from the map it looks like its at a similar area as lagoonarium.. thank you so much for your help.. :)

Hi

We did Reef Discovery with Christophe last August with 3 other couples. It was hands down the best excursion we've ever done. Google his website. What I did was email him several months ahead of the trip to reserve our spot. He responded within several days and then just before we were leaving for our cruise I emailed him again to confirm. He met us right at the dock on Bora Bora. The excursion lasted 1/2 day and was about $112 USD per person. Well worth every cent. You won't be disappointed. This is a guy that loves what he does. I just re-read your post, if you're flying out in a day I'm almost positive you're probably too late to book.

Carol

thx cforge! i guess i am most likely out of luck (really kicking myself for not reading this forum earlier).. yes my sailing date is June 23 and we will be in Bora Bora on June 26, 27.. unless there is a miracle.. sent an email to them earlier waiting for a response..

Anyway, i do have 2 excursions reserved through PG which is circle island by waverunner and Lagoonarium... anyone have done that before? thx!

Just check your email over the next few days, I bet they confirm if they still have room.

When your on his site go to the 'French Itineraire' as it shows 4 stops which is the norm on all his tours.

The "Aquarium" is on the backside of the Sofitel Motu.

Notice the manta ray stop :)

http://www.reefdiscovery.pf/itineraire-bora.html

thx tikitahiti, we are flying out tomorrow since we are doing a few days of land stay on our own prior the cruise.. but i should be able to check email at the hotel... hopefully i will hear back from them by tonight though...:eek:

Just returned from the June 2 sailing of the Paul Gauguin--you will be absolutely blown away by this cruise. There is an American lady (from Oklahoma) who books four hour snorkeling tours that go all the way around the island. Seeing the spectacular mountain from all angles is enjoyable in and of itself. This particular trip includes plenty of time for snorkeling and viewing coral gardens--ie. not rushed like some shorter boat tours. The captain was fun and helpful even finding an octopus to pose with us. There's a fruit and drink stop on a private beach. The cost is about $100 for the four hour trip. Very professionally done.

Hi Utahwoman, tahts great to hear u had a great experience with PG!

Good news tikiintahiti, Laura from reef discovery just emailed me they are available on June 26!! super excited... so i already replied to her that we are in for that date... :D

Archived