Is there a good alternative to Paradise Beach?

mjea35

It depends on what you are looking for. I have been to Cozumel on 2 extremely busy port days (tons of ships & crazy amounts of cruisers), and both times I went to Paradise Beach. It did not feel terribly crowded. I really enjoyed it. This last time, one of the busiest port days ever for them, it was filling up, and late-comers had a hard time getting chairs together. There were clearly plenty of people there, but it didn't feel overly crowded. I could move about freely and easily, and the water toys were never overrun with people. You can check out pics in my reviews of the Triumph & Magic. The links are in my signature. If there aren't many ships in port with you, it will be less crowded than you see in my pics.

Now that I'm done with my PB commercial, I definitely respect that some people want a beach that has far fewer people on it than I am okay with. If that's you, I would recommend something like Nachi Cocum, which limits how many people they will take. It will cost more, but if you want something more quiet, that would be for you. If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere, Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos would be much better options. Mr Sanchos has an all-inclusive part to their beach. Or, you can take one of the ships' excursions to Passion Island, which looks to be very beautiful. But that will be the most expensive option.

Archived