Carnival Splendor or RCCL Explorer Wedding???

Hi! I am planning a wedding for July 2014 and am trying to decide between Carnival Splendor or RCCL Explorer of the Seas (I need to go out of NY or NJ). Any one have pictures of weddings on either cruise ship or any brides/guests have any opinions or suggestions?? Thank you!!

I have no advice, but I just booked Carnival Splendor for my June 2013 wedding :)

What attracted me to Splendor (other then the date and price and availability of my family) Was that she is a class of her own. She was originally supposed to be a Costa ship, but Carnival ended up with her. (I don't know all the details as to why)

But she is decorated differently then any other Carnival ship, as I understand.. It sounds like more muted tones, and pinks rather then the bright vivid colors of the rest of the fleet.

This may or may not be to your liking, depending on your taste :)

They currently have the cruises for January-April 2014. I emailed Carnival and asked when the rest of 2014 will be posted and she said it would take a couple of weeks to get me pricing, but I do not know when they will be posted. Someone else told me they should be posted in December.

Keep me posted :) We want to give our guests as much time as possible to save save save...Carnival seems to offer the most for the least money...I really do love NCL though so they are still in the running..just wish their prices were a tad cheaper

• 7 months later...

Just want to say congrats to your up coming wedding I hope all goes well for you I'm also cruising on the Splendor June 10 my husband and my sons 19 and 24, I'm 48 and Love cruising on the Carnival this will be a first time for my sons we should all have a blast..Thanks for the description of the ship I would like to see some pics so I'll look around for some....Good Luck with the wedding I Pray that all goes well for you and your family during that time!!! and I will be having a blast myself!!

Happy Cruising!

This is a hard decision take some advice from me as someone who was booked on carnival for a year then drastically changed to RCCL!! lol

We are coming from canada though so different coutries many guests were worried about the recent events with carnival and were not booking to come after we changed we have ten more cabins booked in the first week!

I think carnival weddings have more pratical packages for a great price then RCCL so i say go with what you feel comfortable with. FOr comparision though RCCL is around double the price of carnival if you want to have a reception with a open bar. RCCL is a great ship though and i have been on it and loved it so i am willing to pay the extra bucks!

No matter what you choose you will have a blast though!

My daughter Melissa got married in Bermuda at the Unfinished Church in St George's. She used Bermuda Bride (Niiki) as her planner and hired Amanda Temple as her photographer.

You can check her day out here:

http://amandatemplephotography.blogspot.ca/2010/06/bermuda-weddings-nathan-melissa.html

I would go with RCCL Explorer of the Seas.

Just want to say congrats to your up coming wedding I hope all goes well for you I'm also cruising on the Splendor June 10 my husband and my sons 19 and 24, I'm 48 and Love cruising on the Carnival this will be a first time for my sons we should all have a blast..Thanks for the description of the ship I would like to see some pics so I'll look around for some....Good Luck with the wedding I Pray that all goes well for you and your family during that time!!! and I will be having a blast myself!!

Happy Cruising!

We're having our on board "vow renewal" (wedding) on the same cruise :)

lots of friends and family coming.... 13 in total :)

Archived