New York Cruise Terminal

memabumpee

Need to find a Car service that will pick us up at JFK and take us to the cruise terminal Any ideas, suggestions, can not seem to find anything on the port website. Thanks

1. Yellow Taxis. Flat fare to manhattan is $45 + toll/tips/ny surcharge $0.50. Taxi advantage -- no waiting for the car. Just deal with the taxi line and you're on the road.

2. Car services, such as Dial7, Carmel, etc... - most charge ~$40 for a sedan to manhattan. Most require you call them after you have your bags, then it's another 5-10 minutes before they drive up.

http://carmelcarservice.com/

http://www.dial7.com/

ALL yellow taxis accept credit cards. By law.

Car services will accept credit if you pre-arrange. If you don't pre-arrange you will pay cash.

There are many, MANY yellow taxi minivans and SUVs. Taxis do not have to accept more than 4 passengers total. Car services can send you larger vehicles as needed.

It is a RARE case where a shuttle or bus will ever be as economical as a taxi or car (unless it's a solo passenger).

Remember, there is nothing special about airport transp to the cruise terminal.

And to the poster who said EWR airport is closer -- yes, it is, but depending on time of day and weather, it's not always the sure thing. I'd say it's a coin toss. (and I used to live on W 43rd street & 11tn ave).

Did not know about Newark Airport But we can fly into that one just as easy. Thanks

EWR can be a better airport. Or not.

EWR has direct TRAIN service from Penn Station. In a snowstorm, you can avoid the roads and get there by train. But in a snowstorm, your flight is probably not leaving.

The EWR plane to the train is great for a solo traveler. I don't recommend it for families.

EWR can add to your trip expense due to the bridge/tunnel/hwy tolls (that can be avoided to/from JFK or LGA).

And traffic into manhattan must always be a consideration.

I would look at the total package before choosing one vs. the other. AND REMEMBER you can open-jaw your air -- you can fly INTO any nyc airport and fly out of any NYC airport for usually the same price (or less).

For my trip next week, I am flying out of EWR and returning to LGA. This saved me $250 per seat!

Archived