Vantage Optional Tours

Two from Virginia

We did the Huerigen optional with Vantage back in 2005. Not sure if it's the same place but we dined at Weingut Wolf in Vienna. Fantastic place. We sat in the glass covered courtyard and some others in our group sat right next undercover. The meal was served family style. Platters of cold salads, cheese spreads, spatetzle (bad spelling), chicken, pork, ham, meatballs, stuffing, mushrooms, zucchini, weiner schnitzel, sauerkraut, baked beans, wine and dessert. Also had a gentleman playing the accordian and a lady singer.

That's probably more info than you want but I would recommend it. Hopefully it will be similar now. After the dinner some of the ladies were doing the "Can Can" with the accordian player doing his thing. (could have been because of the wine) Willard

We did the Huerigen optional with Vantage back in 2005. Not sure if it's the same place but we dined at Weingut Wolf in Vienna. Fantastic place. We sat in the glass covered courtyard and some others in our group sat right next undercover. The meal was served family style. Platters of cold salads, cheese spreads, spatetzle (bad spelling), chicken, pork, ham, meatballs, stuffing, mushrooms, zucchini, weiner schnitzel, sauerkraut, baked beans, wine and dessert. Also had a gentleman playing the accordian and a lady singer.

That's probably more info than you want but I would recommend it. Hopefully it will be similar now. After the dinner some of the ladies were doing the "Can Can" with the accordian player doing his thing. (could have been because of the wine) Willard

Thanks for the info. What was the highlight of your Vantage river cruise?

We loved the Huerigen. I have a video of my wife yodeling with the accordion player. I am under a death threat if I ever put it on youtube LOL.

It was a delightful evening!!!

We enjoyed the cruise totally, even when we were stuck in Deggendorf.

The story and pictures are on our website.

Hello Two from Virginia - My favorite part of the River Cruise was the stop in Rudesheim, Germany (I hope that stop is on your cruise). In Rudesheim there is a little restaurant/winery at 8 Christophelstrasse just 2 blocks from the Drosselgasse st. Peter Prasser and his mother run this and have the best wine. I recommend it highly. Also if you get to Rudesheim you have to take the cable car up to the monument. Fantastic views.

You get to see Peter tell him that Willard from Florida sent you. We visited them during the Christmas markets in 2011. Been there 6 times and always treated like family. Willard

Hello Two from Virginia - My favorite part of the River Cruise was the stop in Rudesheim, Germany (I hope that stop is on your cruise). In Rudesheim there is a little restaurant/winery at 8 Christophelstrasse just 2 blocks from the Drosselgasse st. Peter Prasser and his mother run this and have the best wine. I recommend it highly. Also if you get to Rudesheim you have to take the cable car up to the monument. Fantastic views.

You get to see Peter tell him that Willard from Florida sent you. We visited them during the Christmas markets in 2011. Been there 6 times and always treated like family. Willard

I definitely will tell them. It is one of our stops. thanks again. Where did you go on your cruise? We start in Budapest and end in Cologne.

We went from Amsterdam to Budapest - not sure how much time you will have going the other way. Forgot to mention that they have an outdoor covered patio attached to the house. Has grape vines hanging from the ceiling. When is your trip? Their place is only one block from the river street and very convenient. I'd be glad to forward some photos is you want - would need your email address. Be glad to fill you in with any questions you might have - what to take, what to wear etc. Willard

Thanks for the info. What was the highlight of your Vantage river cruise?

As posted above there are a lot of great moments on a Vantage river cruise. One of my most memorable moments was sailing through Budapest at night while the Blue Danube Waltz played on the ship's speakers. Priceless!

PS We have done the Heurigen evening tour in Vienna twice and would do it again. Great fun!

Archived