Stone Island safe for a 1 year old?

crhenderson

We just got back from our cruise this past weekend. I'm working on a trip report so hopefully you can get some info from there. We booked with Randi and she did have us take a taxi to get onto the boat at a fish market, but I hear you can walk from the terminal to a ferry nearby and hop on for $1 roundtrip. Stone Island is really nice, not crowded at all, but it's definitley not like the beaches at Cabo or Puerto Vallarta. My 13 month old enjoyed it and we wished we had more time to spend there. Bring your own life jacket for your child if possible. It made me feel a lot safer to have it. HTH

On your trip with Randi....Did she meet you at the pier where the ship docks or have one of her employees meet you there or were you on your own over to Stone Island?

I had read that she is right there holding up a pink sign for her guests.

Look forward to your trip report.

When you get off the ship, you take a tram to the terminal. She's right outside waiting with that pink sign of hers. She takes care of all the transportation. Eventhough it's only $1 to go to Stone Island on your own, we paid the $15 so that my mom and mil didn't have to worry about getting there on their own with the babies. It was worth the money to have them come along with us for transportation only. Randi does not charge for the infants. hth

The ferry is really a small boat that seats about 12-15 (maybe more)people comfortably. It has a canopy overhead and lifevests are provided for the adults. They actually might have vests for infants, but since we brought our own we didn't ask.

FYI - watch out for jellyfish on Stone Island. We went to eat at Victor's at about 3:00 p.m. on Wed. May 11, and the girls wanted to check out the water, but when they got there they found these smallish globs of jelly on the beach. They were jellyfish! Not too many, but even a few can ruin a beach day, so we opted not to swim (not that we had enough time anyway!). But it really was a lovely beach, and we could have stayed all day if the ship would've stayed late!!! Also, if you're just walking there (not taking the horses), take a van - you would not want to walk it!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Stone Island in January. We pre booked the Shore Excursion.

Everything is included.

We had our four children with us and they really had a lot for them. We had Dora they dressed in green and white safari gear.

The boat sat alot of people. It was only about 1/4 full and we had about 30 people.

The had a relay game on the boat where all the children received pinatas.

When we were droped off we had waiting for us a tractor cart ride which was safe.

We they were taken to our spot on the beach.

The nice thing was they had it gated off where peddlers could not come up to us.We then took a half hour horse ride. Very slow and mellow. They will do whatever you want them to. All food and drinks. You could rent a Kayak for 5.00 and atvs for ten. Our children and two others on board boke a pinata.

It was quite fun and very safe the way we went for all ages.

Archived