Spring Break 2013

BeneClone

When is Spring Break 2013? We're considering the Magic out of Galveston, maybe in Feb or March. Assuming we do not want to travel during college spring break - if we avoid the weeks of March 10 and March 17,do we miss it?

Spring Break is spread out thru March and April. You may miss 1 crowd 1 time and see another a diffrent time. Just a example our schools here are 3rd week of March thru second week of April depending on county. This is HS and Middle schools.

When is Spring Break 2013? We're considering the Magic out of Galveston, maybe in Feb or March. Assuming we do not want to travel during college spring break - if we avoid the weeks of March 10 and March 17,do we miss it?

I would rather deal with college kids in March than with H.S kids. I believe Easter Sunday fallls on the 31st of March so that week would be Easter week.

I've talked many crew people on the ships and they all told me that the week before, Easter week, the next week is spring break for most H.S in the U.S. March is spring break for most colleges in the U.S. Happy sailing!!!!

Gary

Yes, Spring Break covers almost all of March and April. I would think that the very first week of March would not be too bad, but from March 10 to April 25th chances are someone, somewhere will be on Spring Break. You might want to specifically check the calendars for large Texas schools such as UT and A&M, since you are sailing out of Galveston....but there are lots more schools than just those in that vicinity.

I have noticed in the past that it seems as though most colleges have their Spring Break in the mid to late March time frame while elementary/high schools span the wider range from March to April. Last year our local school district did not start Spring Break until April 21....seemed very late to me. We took a short land vacation during that week and were quite impressed with the "off season" rates we were able to get and fewer crowds than expected.

Good luck!

Spring Break is pretty much over out West by the second week of April for both college & grade school/high school. I thought we would be safe booking our Conquest cruise for the 21st of April. Guess we'll see if I made a good choice or not:rolleyes:

Archived