Lifeboats spoiling the view?

Please excuse a first-timers question:) I know I hopefully won't be spending a lot of time in my cabin, but do all decks have lifeboats on them? I shall be in cabin 6041 on deck 6/outside. Is there likely to be a lifeboat outside the window?

Hi Boots,

No, not all decks have lifeboats on them and on the higher decks.

As you said normally people do not spend much time in cabins gazing out of the windows. I prefer going on one of the public decks for the views.

What ship are you on?

No stupid questions on here. You should see some of the stuff I asked in the early days. :D Great crowd on here and everyone very helpful.

Berwyn

Sorry, should have, said - it's the Dream for the Caribbean Treasures (can't wait!)

Hi Boots,

No, not all decks have lifeboats on them and on the higher decks.

As you said normally people do not spend much time in cabins gazing out of the windows. I prefer going on one of the public decks for the views.

What ship are you on?

No stupid questions on here. You should see some of the stuff I asked in the early days. :D Great crowd on here and everyone very helpful.

Berwyn

It's always a good idea to check the deck plan when booking a cabin. We had a large tender outside our cabin on our first cruise, we might as well have booked an inside. We've been very careful since, as even if you think that you've chosen a cabin inbetween lifeboats that space is usually taken up with the ironwork that holds the hoists.:)

Jan

Please excuse a first-timers question:) I know I hopefully won't be spending a lot of time in my cabin, but do all decks have lifeboats on them? I shall be in cabin 6041 on deck 6/outside. Is there likely to be a lifeboat outside the window?

Hi

we were in 6081 and there was not a lifeboat outside our window.

Hope you have a great time !:)

All the lifeboats on Dream hang between decks 10 and 9.

So you're fine on 6.

Here are pics of our standard outside on Deck 6. She will have been refurbished by the time you are aboard so might look a little different. Feel free to rummage through the rest of the pics of her. Scroll down the sub albums on right of the page.

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/Dream%20Western%20Med%20Cruise%20April%202010/Outside%20Deck%206/

Berwyn

Archived