Dolphin/Rays excursion

ladytiger96

You should know...I believe they contract BOTH parts (i.e the whole) of the excursion out to a company called Stingray City Quest.

Nativeway was slightly more than a quote I got from Stingray City Quest. However, due to positive reviews, I was willing to pay more. I contacted them (Nativeway...NOT the SCQ) and asked for an itenerary so I could make my final decision. Guess who emailed back? Yep...SCQ emailed me back with an itenerary and a form to fill out if I wanted to purchase the tour. I emailed them and asked them if they were the same as Nativeway, since that was who I had asked for the itenerary. No word back as of yet.

We sail Dec 2. I am not sure what exactly we are going to do yet. The only good reviews I have read of them seem to be written by "first time posters".

LT

• 3 months later...
How was it? Thinking about taking this tour.

Thanks in advance.

We went with Stingray Sailing to do this combined tour. We REALLY enjoyed the dolphins...do the belly swim! Others on the ship did the 'encounter' and thought it was lame (on another island, not Cayman). The stingray part: it was 'ok'. There were about 60 people on the boat and we had to wait in a long line to 'touch' or 'pet' the ray and ran out of time to feed the rays! However, if you look at the cost, that part was pretty much free, so no huge complaints. Next time I might use a different company with smaller boats, although our guide was great. We could not have asked for a better dolphin experience and although the pictures were pricey, we just bought 1...there was no pressure at all.

One thing, if your group can chip in and get the video and email it to each other. A lady offered to email me the video for free when we got home and I haven't found her email address yet!

Have fun!

Archived