Anyone used Chad4nature for a tour in Freeport?

geochick73

We will be in Freeport for the 1st time on our Fantasy cruise next month. I saw that Chad4nature tours was rated highly on tripadvisor but I don't see any mention of these tours when I did a forum search. Would love to hear from someone who has taken a tour with them and what you thought if the experience. We will have 3 adults and 2 children (ages 6 & 11).

We'll be on that cruise with you guys :)

I've never heard of them....but I'm not familiar with too many excursion companys. I booked a Freeport excursion through bahamascruiseexcursions.com....I read some good reviews for them.

@tinadago -- only 33 more days!! :D

I will check out the people you booked with as well. I sent an email to chad4nature this afternoon...just to check prices & options. He offers one tour that is a little kayaking, snorkeling, lucaya national park / blue holes / caves, golden rocks beach, lunch, & pirates of the caribbean film site. It got great reviews on tripadvisor, but it sounds like it is a fairly new tour company...so I am a tiny bit apprehensive. Hopefully he will get back with me quickly...I would like to make a decision fairly soon.

I can't access the website...it's not working for whatever reason. His facebook page lists/describes the East End blue hole kayak safari and that was the tour we were interested in. It was also the one that had several "excellent" ratings on tripadvisor. I guess I'll see what he says via email...

Well, we are going to go out on a limb and book the East End Blue Hole kayak Safari tour with Chad for our day in Freeport. He was very timely with his email to me and the tour sounds really fun. Here is the response I got from him (just in case anyone else is curious):

Snorkelgear lunch and transportation included.

Thank you for your interests in my tours. I would love to show you and your family around for the day. All tours are safe for all ages and the difficulty level is low as we kayak in 3-4 feet of water the majority of the way. Pick up depends on the arrival of your cruise ship or if you are staying at a local hotel B&B etc. We accept cash payments only at this time sorry for any inconvenience.

The tours we offer is The East End blue hole kayak safari. This tour goes to the eastern end of Grand Bahama island and on our way to the most eastern settlement we stop at the lucayan national park, Gold rock beach, Ben's bat cave and the burial mound cave, the pirates of the caribbbean film site, little quiant towns like pelican point for bathroom access. At Mcleans town we order our lunch, and choices are fish, lobster, conch, chicken or ribs, peas n rice with sides of cole slaw, potato salad or baked macaroni, American style which is burgers and fries. We then kayak as our food is prep. While kayaking you get to experience the wonders of the turtle grass beds, we are in about 3-4 feet of water majority of the way. you can pick up a star fish for a memorable picture then we head to see the most amazing wonders Blue holes . We pick up lunch and visit beautiful crabbing bay beach where we eat lunch and have the opportunity to snorkel over a Blue hole ( snorkeling is optional). This tour 6-7 hours $99.00 per person $60.00 per child 12 and under.

The Western snorkeling adventure explore's the western part of the island . Snorkel over reefs and see its extensive marine life and learn the history of The Bahamas while visiting quint little towns!!

STOPS

The Hawksbill creek - Learn the history of the developement of the city of Freeport

Boiling hole - An amazing natural wonder in The Bahamas

Josey's cave - Used as a hurricane shelter for hundreds of years

Bootle Bay - The best place to find sea shells

Paradise cove - Where we snorkel and have lunch

Snorkel gear, lunch and transportation included. This tour is 4-5 hours $89.00 per person $50.00 per child 12 and under

Things to bring: hats, sunglasses, shorts,slipper, bathing suits, bottled water, cameras and smiles!!!

Upon booking i'm going to need your shoe sizes and lunch orders.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Talk soon

chad

• 4 weeks later...

We reserved with them through Facebook for our recent cruise (just got back yesterday) and they stood us up. Made me sad because I was REALLY looking forward to it, and after we waited an hour for them it was too late to book anything else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think you should still go ahead with it. My mistake was in not bringing any contact info with us - there were pay phones we could have used to try to reach them. I also (nicely) sent them a message via Facebook asking what happened. I'll let you know when they respond - life happens, and if they had a good excuse (or not!) it will help make up your mind.

Hubby and I loved Chad! He was our tour guide when we went on our cruise last year. We met him when he was a guide for a carnival sponsered tour, the Western Heritage Tour. He is a very nice guy and very knowledgable. We have never been on one of his independent tours but would not hesitate to book with him.

We just got off the ship this morning and I just wanted to report that we had an awesome time on our excursion. It did take us a few minutes to locate them at the port though. There were about 20 people on our cruise that ended up going. They put us in 3 separate vans with 3 guides...but we all traveled in a caravan together. The guides (Lamont, Nathan, & Angelo) were very nice young men who seemed to love their job. The beaches we went to were gorgeous! Loved snorkeling over the blue hole. Lunch was very tasty too.

One thing to note though - the east end of the island is about an hours drive from port. The young kids with us were definitely ready to get out by the time we made our 1st stop. I would suggest bringing something to occupy them on the ride if you can.

As promised, I have the reply :-). I'm glad there was an explanation but sad for what it was:

Hey April

My humble apologies, there was an accident that morning. A car ran into the back of our vehicle injuring one of our guides.

We were unable to contact you that morning and was hoping that you called.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Chad

So I still day go for it. Sounds like he's an honest guy and enough ppl have had positive experiences with his tours. He offered us a discount on our next excursion with him, I think that's a good enough excuse to book another cruise, don't you guys?

I also mailed Lamont last week, but still no response. As I read his mail to you, I was wondering though... It's our first time cruising EVER :) and our docking time is 8 am, leaving in the evening at 5pm. Do you think it's realistic to wanting to go with the 6-7h tour (The East End blue hole kayak safari). I have no idea what to expect from the boarding time once you are docked?? Could someone inform me about this? That way I have a good perspective :) Thank you so much already!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am so glad that I was able to find this page! I will be on my very first cruise for my birthday in November. The cruise is leaves Galveston, Texas Nov. 11th, 2012 and we visit Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. We arrive back in Galveston Nov. 18th. If you are taking the same cruise, let me know! I would appricate any information you could give me for Chad4Nature Tours. I am a little sketchy only because I can't find a website for this. Information I really need is...how much is it per person? What all do you do? How long does it last? Does he pick you up from the cruise and bring you back? I am only in Freeport from 8am-5pm on the 14th and I don't want to miss the boat. Also, is there a webpage for this? Any detail will not be over looked! Thanks so much! Oh, and I am taking the cruise from Carnival Magic! Fun, fun, fun is all I want.

Thanks,

Kristyl

Kristy - there is no website, they have a fb page however and they do 2 tours ... the details are below my message and it's the message I received from Chad when I posted on the fb page. I have heard amazing things about this tour and we are probably going to book it for our jan cruise. It's rated #1 on tripadvisor and everyone I have talked to that's done it has raved about it - so I'm sure you will not be disappointed - hope you have a great time ....

Thank you for your interests in my tours. I would love to show you and your family around for the day. All tours are safe for all ages and the difficulty level is low as we kayak in 3-4 feet of water the majority of the way. Pick up depends on the arrival of your cruise ship or if you are staying at a local hotel B&B etc. We accept cash payments only at this time sorry for any inconvenience.

The tours we offer is The East End blue hole kayak safari. This tour goes to the eastern end of Grand Bahama island and on our way to the most eastern settlement we stop at the lucayan national park, Gold rock beach, Ben's bat cave and the burial mound cave, the pirates of the caribbbean film site, little quiant towns like pelican point for bathroom access. At Mcleans town we order our lunch, and choices are fish, lobster, conch, chicken or ribs, peas n rice with sides of cole slaw, potato salad or baked macaroni, American style which is burgers and fries. We then kayak as our food is prep. While kayaking you get to experience the wonders of the turtle grass beds, we are in about 3-4 feet of water majority of the way. you can pick up a star fish for a memorable picture then we head to see the most amazing wonders Blue holes . We pick up lunch and visit beautiful crabbing bay beach where we eat lunch and have the opportunity to snorkel over a Blue hole ( snorkeling is optional). This tour 6-7 hours $99.00 per person $60.00 per child 12 and under.

The Western snorkeling adventure explore's the western part of the island . Snorkel over reefs and see its extensive marine life and learn the history of The Bahamas while visiting quint little towns!!

STOPS

The Hawksbill creek - Learn the history of the developement of the city of Freeport

Snorkel gear, lunch and transportation included. This tour is 4-5 hours $89.00 per person $50.00 per child 12 and under

Things to bring: hats, sunglasses, shorts,slipper, bathing suits, bottled water, cameras and smiles!!!

Talk soon

chad

Kristy - there is no website, they have a fb page however and they do 2 tours ... the details are below my message and it's the message I received from Chad when I posted on the fb page. I have heard amazing things about this tour and we are probably going to book it for our jan cruise. It's rated #1 on tripadvisor and everyone I have talked to that's done it has raved about it - so I'm sure you will not be disappointed - hope you have a great time ....

STOPS

Talk soon

chad

Thanks so much! That is very helpful!

Hello!

I am so glad that I was able to find this page! I will be on my very first cruise for my birthday in November. The cruise is leaves Galveston, Texas Nov. 11th, 2012 and we visit Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. We arrive back in Galveston Nov. 18th. If you are taking the same cruise, let me know! I would appricate any information you could give me for Chad4Nature Tours. I am a little sketchy only because I can't find a website for this. Information I really need is...how much is it per person? What all do you do? How long does it last? Does he pick you up from the cruise and bring you back? I am only in Freeport from 8am-5pm on the 14th and I don't want to miss the boat. Also, is there a webpage for this? Any detail will not be over looked! Thanks so much! Oh, and I am taking the cruise from Carnival Magic! Fun, fun, fun is all I want.

Thanks,

Kristyl

Hey Rosy95!

We will be taking the Chad4nature tour (kayaking) in freeport on the same day that you will be there. They have GREAT reviews on tripadvisor. We just booked last week. The explaination and trip description sounds like the ship sponsored excursion.

Maybe we'll see you there!

BTW....

They said they will pick us up at 8:30 and bring us back at 4pm. They said they take cruise passengers quite often and I don't see any review that complains about the timing. out of 35 reviews on trip advisor, 34 of them are 5 out of 5 stars....there's always one person, but they tell you why they gave a lower rating and it WAS NOT due to being late back to port.

MAGIC!!!! 6 days!!!!

We are booked on the Fantasy for next week and will be in Freeport on the 15th of Nov. All of the reviews sound great about this tour but also seem to be pointed at the East end tour. The western adventure includes snorkeling at Paradise Cove which I've heard great things about. Wondering if we should go with something like this or just try to do Paradise Cove on our own? Please help!

I am friends with them on FB and I just checked and their FB page is fine.

It is Chad4naturetours when you do a search in FB.

They just posted a bunch of pixs last week of a recent tour of the East End Blue Hole Kayak trip so I don't think anything has changed