Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

I am amazed at the amount of guys who wore there military uniforms. My dh refused. So suit it is.

I have several ball gowns but I just don't want to deal with getting them pressed once onboard cause I know with the petticoats they will need it.

So I am dressing down but still considered formal lol. Mayb I will do the floor length ones when we don't take the kids and have more room lol.

Thanks to all of you for sharing. Fabulous dresses

2229368074.jpg

This was taken last year on the Carnival Triumph! :p

I absolutely love this dress. I borrowed this exact dress from an ex-friend of mine for my last cruise and fell in love with it. I have been looking for it ever since but no luck. Can anyone help me find it or tell me where I can get it? I have tried ebay and only saw it on there over a year ago but I was outbid:( . I should also mention I am from Canada so I don't have access to many of the stores that are in the US.

Please help me:confused:

I am amazed at the amount of guys who wore there military uniforms. My dh refused. So suit it is.

Thanks to all of you for sharing. Fabulous dresses

He should reconsider, uniform is just as easy to pack as a suit and goes over very well.

Grandeur10-13-2006ChampagneGownandU.jpg

but then again, tuxes go over pretty well, too.

Grandeur10-13-2006TuxandRedGown1.jpg

Wraite

I wish he would. I only get to see him in a dress uniform when the ball rolls around (when he isn't deployed lol). The rest of the time is Cammies :(.

But I think if he sees others there with them on he may consider it next time but I think he is afraid someone would make a really crappy remark and neither one of us are very nice when that happens lol. Especially not me:p

I really like your pink dress too, and I don't like pink lol

Wraite - absolutely *love* your pink dress in the second pic. Do you remember where you bought it?

Mrs. Wraithe says Dillards:D

Wraite

I wish he would. I only get to see him in a dress uniform when the ball rolls around (when he isn't deployed lol). The rest of the time is Cammies :(.

But I think if he sees others there with them on he may consider it next time but I think he is afraid someone would make a really crappy remark and neither one of us are very nice when that happens lol. Especially not me:p

I really like your pink dress too, and I don't like pink lol

Has never happened, and I've worn my uniform, either whites or blues on every cruise, and at several other venues in between. I think that most people who would say anything aren't on cruises, or at most, just wouldn't say anything. I'm not flamboyant, as a rule, unless my wife and I are dancing, and she's still a lot more flamboyant than me! I've had my hand shook by many a vet, and been thanked by many others, give it a try, he'll like it;).

This thread is AMAZING! I didn't want to be overdressed, yet I didn't want to be underdressed either.

Personally I think men in their Dress Blues look just as wonderful if not more than in a tux. Too bad the uniforms don't flatter us females in the service.

I will be pleased to see men in their uniforms, shows pride in what they do!

Has never happened, and I've worn my uniform, either whites or blues on every cruise, and at several other venues in between. I think that most people who would say anything aren't on cruises, or at most, just wouldn't say anything. I'm not flamboyant, as a rule, unless my wife and I are dancing, and she's still a lot more flamboyant than me! I've had my hand shook by many a vet, and been thanked by many others, give it a try, he'll like it;).

Agreed. Our last two cruises we had the honor of being accompanied by friends who were in the military and wore their dress blues on formal nights. In both cases they continuosly had people come up, shake their hands, and thank them for their service. No one ever said or even implied anything negative.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there just wondering if I should wear this pink dress the first or second formal night. What do you all think??

Wear it for either one, FWIW, I've never noticed on RCL that one formal night is more or less "formal".

OK thanks

I will let him know. It sure would have saved us alot of money lol