Valor

southernfocus

I never see anything about the Valor on here and I wonder why.

Leaving in 17 days and wonder if there are any tips and tricks about this ship.

There are specific boards for each ship and your departure date, that will provide you with the type of information you may be looking for. Try the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336

I'll be leaving on the Valor on Sat, if there is something specific you are looking for please let me know beforehand, and I'll keep an eye on it.

Loved the Valor when we went on her in 2009. It is a great ship, patriotic decor I believe. Fish and chips was great. We knew about that from CC but it still took a while to find it (go toward the back of the buffet and up the staircase with a million stairs). Mongolian/wok is good. Steakhouse is good.

If you have not been on a Conquest class ship before, one thing that takes some getting used to is the lay out (not sure if others have this issue, but Conquest class does for sure). On certain floors you cannot walk from one end to the other. On Valor our room was all the way forward (on 7) and dining room of course was aft on 3. So if we took the elevators closed to our room (forward elevators) to 3rd floor, we could not get to the dining room. We would either have to walk all the way down our hall to the aft (which I hated because it felt like a maze with the narrow hallways and doors), or another floor like 5. We usually chose to walk on 5. Last cruise was Conquest and we were aft on 6, and had dining in the Forward dining room. But we were prepared this time.

Hope you have a great trip.

I never see anything about the Valor on here and I wonder why.

Leaving in 17 days and wonder if there are any tips and tricks about this ship.

There have been several threads about the Valor, just recently about the delay with Issac, then another thread about the Piano bar. I'm surprised you state "I never see anything about the Valor". Try doing a search for Valor, I'm sure you'll find many threads.

No tips or tricks, it's just another Conquest class ship with their idiosyncrasies (deck 3/4 don't go thru, Fish & Chips on 10, deck 5 is the main drag for forward/aft travel, etc.). About the only thing that stood out is the pleasing color scheme (to me) of the Lido dining areas (green/chrome).

Enjoy your cruise and see you on Lido deck!

Was just on the Valor 2 weeks ago. We were with the group delayed because of TS/Hurricane Issac :rolleyes:

Maybe it was because of the chaos and confusion related to the delay and storm, but after 8 cruises (3 of those Carnival), I can honestly say this was the worst cruise I've ever been on :(

Super long lines for EVERYTHING - at all times of day (not just peak times)....unfriendly/sometimes straight-out rude staff (I have NEVER experienced this on a cruise)....subpar cleaning of our cabin...the list goes on. My husband and I counted the number of times we were asked if we wanted to purchase a drink while we were out on Lido deck - a grand total of 3 times between us for the entire trip.

We made the best of it, though, and I'm sure you will too. It could have definitely been a lot worse, but to be sure, I won't be sailing on the Valor again.

Just my experience.

Was just on the Valor 2 weeks ago. We were with the group delayed because of TS/Hurricane Issac :rolleyes:

Maybe it was because of the chaos and confusion related to the delay and storm, but after 8 cruises (3 of those Carnival), I can honestly say this was the worst cruise I've ever been on :(

Super long lines for EVERYTHING - at all times of day (not just peak times)....unfriendly/sometimes straight-out rude staff (I have NEVER experienced this on a cruise)....subpar cleaning of our cabin...the list goes on. My husband and I counted the number of times we were asked if we wanted to purchase a drink while we were out on Lido deck - a grand total of 3 times between us for the entire trip.

We made the best of it, though, and I'm sure you will too. It could have definitely been a lot worse, but to be sure, I won't be sailing on the Valor again.

Just my experience.

I was on the cruise before yours (we got an extra sea day because of Issac). While I never noticed issues with lines, rudeness, or cleanliness, the overall experience seemed a bit "off" from our past cruises. Can't really put my finger on the reason.

BUT overall, I had a great time and would "do" the Valor again, if nothing else to get to the missed port of Curacao.

There have been several threads about the Valor, just recently about the delay with Issac, then another thread about the Piano bar. I'm surprised you state "I never see anything about the Valor". Try doing a search for Valor, I'm sure you'll find many threads.

No tips or tricks, it's just another Conquest class ship with their idiosyncrasies (deck 3/4 don't go thru, Fish & Chips on 10, deck 5 is the main drag for forward/aft travel, etc.). About the only thing that stood out is the pleasing color scheme (to me) of the Lido dining areas (green/chrome).

Enjoy your cruise and see you on Lido deck!

OK...nothing was too harsh of a word but there is certainly less about the Valor than the other ships.

But why be so snarky?

Archived