RCI Power raft snorkel tour on St. Maarteen?

greenscooter

After spending two weeks on the island, a cruise stop here has left us wondering what to do that we have not already done. The power raft snorkel island tour is an RCI excursion. Has anybody done this excursion? If so, what can you tell us about it (cost - $79pp).

Happy Bay is one beach we have not been too. Having snorkeled several places around SXM, we know the snorkeling is mediocre compared to other places in the Caribbean; but, we are looking for something new to do on our cruise stop. Thanks for any replies.

My husband and I did this excursion in June. For snorkeling we went to Creole Rock in the national park on the French side of the island which you can only get to by boat. I have spent some time in St. Maarten as well and I am told that this is one of the better snorkel locations.

Captan Trevor then took us to a nice beach (name unknown) where we had an hour to swim. The Crew were very friendly and accommodating and we floated around on some floats they provided while they gave us beer and rum punch.

The power raft itself was very fun and it was quite enjoyable to cruise round the island at speed. You definitely will see more of the coast line on this tour rather then taking a sailing excursion.

Archived