Best Way for Kids to Make Friends?

jesron1269

Two activities that kids of all ages can participate in that seem to bring great joy to the "little darlings":

1. push all of the buttons on the elevators

2. run up and down the hallways (especially in the evening), singing, hollering, removing door decorations, or anything else that might annoy adults

Ahh, the joys of youthful irresponsibility.:D:D:D

I will be cruising with two granddaughters in November.

I too saw the humor in this, but I have to admit that many of us are very sensitive to those who don't seem to like kids of any kind on a cruise, and I can easily see why this might be a sore subject to some.:rolleyes:

IMHO you need to get the kids to their respective camps on the very first day. After the muster drill they have a meeting that we take the kids to, then get them in on the ground floor. If they are there when everyone is new it will be easier to make friends and they will want to go and be part of the activities.

We are cruising for Christmas with our whole family, grandparents, cousins etc. I am okay with the kids, 11, 10 and 10 checking themselves out, as long as they stay together...the scavenger hunt sounds fun, but my 2 sis in laws are balking at that thought. One is definitely adamant about not letting her 12 yr old daughter who is 5'9" and looks 16 check herself out b/c she read some report about a girl getting kidnapped, hidden on ship and taken out into a port never to be seen again.

And to make matters worse, one cousin is 8 and will be 9 1 wk after the cruise. It will be disastrous if he can't be with his cousins in the 9-11 group.

Really wanting the camps to be fun for them all!

And to make matters worse, one cousin is 8 and will be 9 1 wk after the cruise. It will be disastrous if he can't be with his cousins in the 9-11 group.

Really wanting the camps to be fun for them all!

You'll need to talk to the Camp Carnival staff onboard about that one. The rule is supposed to be that you go in the group for your age at the start of the cruise. Exceptions are sometimes made, but it also depends on the number of kids onboard. And not that is going to happen on a Christmas cruise, but if there are low numbers of kids, they also combine age groups.

Archived