RCCL Voyager of the Sea or Sea Princess?

Hi everyone,

Well, after responses from a previous post I have decided on another Western Caribbean cruise for Spring Break 2006. I am interested in a Voyager class ship and was originally considering Mariner of the Seas... but now am thinking Voyager of the Seas due to proximity from airport to port. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids (14, 11).

But now I'm wondering about how VOS compares to the Sea Princess? They both go to 4 ports (Both do Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios... VOS does Labadee and the Sea Princess does Princess Cays). We want to do outdoor activities (snorkeling, diving, hiking, site seeing) while in port.

While on the ship I want my kids to have a great experience (I'm fairly easy to please and would probably be happy on either). I have been leaning toward VOS but I spoke to one TA today that says that (in her opinion) the Princess line is better and that the kids program on Princess is the best. Also, a balcony cabin on the Sea Princess is WAY less than a balcony on the VOS (over $1000 before TA "perks"). There is less $$ difference for an OV cabin, but I think it would be cool for DH to be able to play his guitar on the balcony.

So which do I choose?????

Also, I like lots of activities on the ship, and am wondering if Princess offers as many activities as VOS.

Thanks again for your help!!

Maybe I'll post this on the Princess forum as well.

I personally like the VOS but can only say that because I have been on that ship. Not been on a princess ship yet. But if you have kids that are active then VOS has alot to offer. Being it has the full court basketball, inline skating ring, rock climbing wall and of course the ice skating ring. As well as being one of the largest cruise ship out there.

Went on the ship for the honeymoon and enjoied her so much went on the EOS the year after.

Thanks tekman26 - I see you've also been on the Carnival Glory. How would you compare that w/ RCCLs Voyager class? The Glory was previously on my list of potential ships for April, but I took it off as I wanted to try something different from Carnival.

Thanks.

Archived