Mail from Bermuda/cruise ship

lanord

It has been more than 10 years since I was on a cruise, so I need my memory refreshed. Can you send mail from "foreign" ports, in this particular case, Bermuda, using US stamps, or do you need to buy stamps there? I want to send postcards during the trip, and will purchase stamps before departing US, unless you have to use Bermuda stamps. I recall that the ship has a mailing facility, but I just can't remember about the stamps !! :rolleyes:

No you can't use US stamps as this is not American territory. You can get a special foreign return stamp from the post office...but its much more expensive. They will sell you stamps on the ship...but you can also buy them in the ports in Bermuda there is a post office at each port...

this is what I meant

International Reply Coupons

International reply coupons (IRCs) provide foreign addressees with a prepaid means of responding to inquiries, solicitations, or other types of communications that are initiated by U.S. senders. IRCs are exchangeable for postage stamps at post offices in all foreign countries that are members of the Universal Postal Union (UPU). Each IRC is equivalent in value to the destination country's minimum postage rate for an unregistered airmail letter. The purchase price is $1.75 per coupon.

Buy the stamps in Bermuda...

Archived