VIFP / Booking Questions

WileESuperGenious

Hi all, I've been a lurker without a membership for awhile, but decided it's time since the answers to my questions I can't seem to find. Background--We have sailed before and most of the family will hit gold level during our next cruise.

1. When does gold take effect? during or after?

2. Will the soon to be gold be able to attend the VIFP party?

3. After just booking our next cruise, only DH and I are showing VIFP levels. A couple are adults now, but none of the kids are showing. Do the adult kids or young kids need to register for VIFP on Carnival's website too?

5. Should I be worried that none of the past guest numbers are showing for anyone but my DH and myself on the booking?

Thank you.

Hi all, I've been a lurker without a membership for awhile, but decided it's time since the answers to my questions I can't seem to find. Background--We have sailed before and most of the family will hit gold level during our next cruise.

1. When does gold take effect? during or after?

When you board on a cruise that will put you up to the required days during that cruise.

2. Will the soon to be gold be able to attend the VIFP party?

See above. If they will reach gold during that sailing, they will be gold and be invited to the party.

3. After just booking our next cruise, only DH and I are showing VIFP levels. A couple are adults now, but none of the kids are showing. Do the adult kids or young kids need to register for VIFP on Carnival's website too?

If when you booked, you (or TA/PVP) used your past guest number that should be all thats needed. Make sure all booked guests past guest number is assigned to their booking.

5. Should I be worried that none of the past guest numbers are showing for anyone but my DH and myself on the booking?

Thank you.

See above.

Welcome to CC as a member and enjoy your cruise.

You have to enter their past guest numbers on the booking. I was able to quickly look up my wife and kids' numbers on the website when I booked our cruise. I had already entered my number on the website, for cruise price searching reasons, so it came on to my booking automatically.

Archived