NCL Wedding with New Coordinators

chellebells

p.s. if you're willing to share, would love to see more pics! :D

I am on my way home from work and will try to get more uploaded tonight. I used to use Webshots but they sold to Smile and I cannot figure out how to upload to them. But I just opened a photobucket account so hopefully it will be as easy as webshots used to be.

Have you checked out to see if any cabins are available in the Haven? I would keep an eye on them and the prices and call and wheel and deal and definitely play up the wedding and how much business you are bringing to them. I have found that they can be quite flexible! ;)

This information is very helpful and appreciated! We booked our wedding with NCL under the old planners and just checked this week to make sure everything is on target with the new planners...good thing we did because they could not find our reservation! All is better now, but it gave us a scare since the Breakaway is so highly scheduled with weddings for the next year.

We are sailing on the Breakaway in May (almost a full year before the wedding) so we can pick out the venue and get to know the ship. We are also going to work with one of the bartenders to come up with a signature drink for the reception. As a small token for the guests, we are having ship cookies made with our names and the dates.

The first night of the wedding cruise, we are going to have all of our guests meet up for dinner in one of the restaurants.

Living in Idaho and getting married in NYC is still an unknown. We have family in NY/NJ, but wanted to at least invite some of our Idaho friends. It is hard to walk the line of including people and putting them at ease if they can't make such a trip. That being said, most of the confirmation we have so far are from people here! We will be married by the Dean of the Episcopal Cathedral in Boise and a crew officer. We also have a couple friends we met on the Epic 2 years ago that have already made their reservations.

I am sorry if I rambled on here a bit. :o

i'm only 4 weeks tgo! i've had a good experience with the new company. i've been on the Dawn twice, a sister ship to the Gem where we're getting married, so i feel comfortable. i'm also from here, so it's much easier. taking the same cruise before the actual wedding is the best thing you can do! and on the Breakaway... so awesome!

let us know if you have any questions! :)

I am sorry if I rambled on here a bit. :o

Don't be sorry! That is what this site is all about, talking about you, your wedding, your plans, fears etc and after it is all done coming back and telling everyone how absolutely perfect it was!

Here is a pic of my husband 5 minutes before ceremony in a massage chair. Poor Stephanie the Wedding Coordinator kept sweetly saying, "Do you think it is time for you to go get ready?" LMAO

Usually they have you and your entire group board together, however, do not be afraid to ask if you and a person of your choice (depending on if you want to see your spouse prior) can board ahead. We boarded half hour before everyone else so the two of us could have a last couple of moments to really chill and appreciate what was about to happen. We cracked open a bottle of champagne and just chilled out.

2012-11-25114515_zps485c264c.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies

Thanks for the review and your planning stuff.... I am looking at a cruise ship wedding myself and didn't know this company had taken over NCL's contract for shipboard weddings... we are looking at the Gem from New York or the Getaway from Miami in 2014.

I will contact Royal Ocean Events now..... if you think it's bad being in the same country then spare a thought for us being in the UK! :)

Hi ladies

Thanks for the review and your planning stuff.... I am looking at a cruise ship wedding myself and didn't know this company had taken over NCL's contract for shipboard weddings... we are looking at the Gem from New York or the Getaway from Miami in 2014.

I will contact Royal Ocean Events now..... if you think it's bad being in the same country then spare a thought for us being in the UK! :)

Do keep us posted on which ship you decide, however trust me you just cannot go wrong with an NCL Shipboard Wedding!

SDC102551_zpsdad9ddf4.jpg[/img]

2012-11-25125908_zps7728a512.jpg[/img]

Is thay what Royal Ocean Events told you or NCL? Maybe try contacting Capt Arnold direct at NauticalWeddingBells.com and see what he says. We loved him and he really took time to get to k.ow us and our story and provided us the most personalized and amazing ceremony I could have asked for. Please keep me posted as I will keep my fingers crossed as this should work out :)

I would upgrade now. What if Penthouse isnt available by the time you sail? The amount of spoiling you will get from your butler will more than be worth it. Did I mention my room steward filled our fabulous bathroom with rose petals and put fake candles all around our bathtub which was big enough for 2? I believe this was at the request of the butler :) If you can swing ...do it! :)

so cute! and what a view! no white? :P

we're mulling over upgrading to the penthouse, but I feel like I can "work" them the day of... in my wedding dress! talk about leverage, hahaha.

No white...we all wore black! Lol

photo-2_zps00b8c380.jpg[/img]

And if you decide on Penthouse there will be a cocktail party here with the ship's officers

Haven_zps0168d041.jpg[/img]

i put my bridesmaids in black. i couldn't bear sticking them in a dress that they'd never touch again.

i just talked to Captain Arnold, how cute is he. we have a rabbi for our ceremony, but after talking to him, i feel good about him being around to make sure things go smoothly.

they want another $800pp for the penthouse, which is almost what we paid for the suite! lol. i think this penthouse we're looking at is still in the suite-category, not haven. we can swing it, but i think i could also work my magic for the free upgrade... omg, what to dooooo. :)

quick question: did you tip anyone? what %? this is so unordinary, i'm not sure what to do.

I know my dad tipped Capt Arnold, the coordinator Stephanie as well as a couple NCL helpers who appeared to be asst stewards maybe? I honestly do not know how much but will ask. Are you in a suite niw or a mini suite? I still say go for upgrade now if you don't it will be gone before you work your magic in your gown and batting those eyelashes lol. And kudos for thinking of your bridesmaids and not putting them in a one time only dress. :)

I know my dad tipped Capt Arnold, the coordinator Stephanie as well as a couple NCL helpers who appeared to be asst stewards maybe? I honestly do not know how much but will ask. Are you in a suite niw or a mini suite? I still say go for upgrade now if you don't it will be gone before you work your magic in your gown and batting those eyelashes lol. And kudos for thinking of your bridesmaids and not putting them in a one time only dress. :)

gahhhh, just called, they're gone! what do you think the chances are of them giving me the still available 3-bedroom haven suite? don't answer that... lol.

we'll see day of what's opened up, if anything. oh well!

thanks for letting me know about the tips. yes, please ask how much. i have no clue!

• 2 weeks later...
Rebecca!

Just thinking of you and knowing how exciting these last few days must be for you.

Have a wonderful trip if I do not hear from you before. :D:D:D:D

thank you so much!! we're pretty much done with everything, just need to finish our packing for the cruise. I'm really calm, and I cannot WAIT to already be in the middle of everything! and I can't wait until we're sailing away. :)

I'll post when we get back! I hope we end up on a cruise together some day. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived