Bridge on QE

patience32

When I sailed on QE last year, the room seemed was frequently full of bridge players. I didn't play then.

Now, however, I am learning and my teacher is trying to encourage/coerce me into playing while on board again for the Christmas cruise. But I think I'll give it (bridge, that is) a miss- especially as I hear there are some serious bridge aficionados, and I haven't got the confidence to play in a club atmosphere yet.

That is good to hear :)

Ridingfarmer we are on the same cruise and hopefully you will consider a couple of games whilst onboard. Yes there will be some serious players but also some very patient people who rarely play except on a cruise. Give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised.

Ridingfarmer

Why not give it a try. We have played both on QV and QM2 and there is usually quite a variation in the standard of players from not very experienced to much more experienced. When ever you play at a club for the first time it is daunting but when you have done it once it gets easier.

Thanks for the encouragement Patience and Irisheyes. I was encouraged by both your supportive comments and assertions re. all standards of play being acceptable, then went to my bridge class only to hear of a massive bust-up and walkout at the local club over a few more experienced players getting impatient with the newbies. So I'll give it some thought but I don't want to cause a major international incident whilst on board lol

The tournament director (the person in charge - generally American) stresses that it should be a friendly atmosphere and a close eye is kept on the proceedings. I do not think that bad behaviour would be tolerated. From my experience behaviour is better than at some of the venues I have played at. You could start off by sitting in just to watch.

Archived