Taking drinks (non alcoholic) on board

Jennkean

Does anyone know if they sell caffeine free diet coke on board. My husband can't drink the caffeine and that is the only soda he likes. Some ships will let you take something they don't sell on board, but I can't remember of Costa is one of them.

Judy got back last night from 11 days with Costa. Their policy is no drinks or food can be brought onboard. With that said, I did it every port. No hassle whatsoever.

Do they actually search your luggage when you get on? I was going to take some South Aussie chocolates as a gift for whoever does our cabin for us, but if they were in my suitcase, would they be confiscated at boarding do you think? What if they're gift wrapped? I was tryng to think of something to take where it doesn't matter if the recipient is male or female...

Also we're going to be cruising over Christmas and I have some chocolate Christmas gifts for the kids and my husband - obviously wrapped in Christmas paper - arrgghh, don't know what to do now! I was so happy to find Thorntons chocolates here in Adelaide (favourite brand from the UK)...

Do they actually search your luggage when you get on? I was going to take some South Aussie chocolates as a gift for whoever does our cabin for us, but if they were in my suitcase, would they be confiscated at boarding do you think? What if they're gift wrapped? I was tryng to think of something to take where it doesn't matter if the recipient is male or female...

Also we're going to be cruising over Christmas and I have some chocolate Christmas gifts for the kids and my husband - obviously wrapped in Christmas paper - arrgghh, don't know what to do now! I was so happy to find Thorntons chocolates here in Adelaide (favourite brand from the UK)...

the best gift for your cabin steward is cash. they live in very small spaces. they may not have room for boxes of chocolate.

I know you can't take alcohol on the ship, but can you take on juices, pop, water?

Never had problems taking non-alcoholic drinks (water and coca-cola) onboard (hand luggage), on my 4 Costa cruises.

Will be embarking on the Christmas cruise too, so I'm afraid I won't have time to answer it on time for FELINITY, but I don't think you'll have problems with that...

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Costa police states you can't bring any water, soda, alcohol on board. If you bring buy a bottle of wine in port their policy states that the folks on the ship will take it from you and give it back when you disembark. However, my husband and I bought a bottle of wine in Rhodes and when coming back to the ship told security we had it and even showed them and they just told us to continue on and we drank it in our room that night! So they obviously don't always enforce their policies!

Archived