Playa Mia

MaizerDay

Is Playa Mia worth the price? Is it crazy busy? We will be in Cozumel the 28th of December along with 5 other ships. I looked up the other ships there and found that ALL of them have excursions there. We are one of the last ships to dock so I am concerned about just taking a taxi and not being able to get in at other places. I have read alot about Paradise Beach and others but can't find any recent information on Playa Mia. I would appreciate any information from recent trips there. Thank you!

We were just there 11/27 when there were 6 ships in port. We did not find it super busy and definitely enjoyed ourselves.

We booked the excursion thru Royal Caribbean, without the lunch and transportation. Transportation from the ship to Playa Mia was $15 each way.

In hind sight, we probably should have just booked the Deluxe excursion which included transportation and lunch. Several who had lunch enjoyed the chicken and fish.

Drinks are included, though they will not allow you to order more than 1 at a time. Daquiris, beers, rum punch, softdrinks....

There were bar guys willing to get you a drink from the bar (Miami Vice made with Strawberry Daquiri and PIna Colada) was nice. Tipping is much appreciated, but no one will request one from you.

A guy came around with 2 colorful parrots and took pictures that you could purchase. He also came around later with an Iguana.

Beach mats were available that you could use for your chair or to try to float on. Kayaks, peddle boats, inflatable trampolines.

There is also a new water park that looks interesting. The water was really cold over there, but there is a nice kids spray area. There is also a water slide that no one wanted to try out. The hot tub was not hot at all--it was freezing. They are still buiding the waterpark area, so in the future it may cost extra.

The beach itself is more brown sand and there is corral and rocks. We found some nice flat areas to stand around in the water. The club has lots of chairs and extra chairs can be found by the lifejacket stand.

We enjoyed ourselves. We only wish we would have stayed here longer and avoided the hectic shopping trip to town. Too many people trying to hassle you in town.

We booked a excursion to Playa Mia after we got off the ship and were wandering around the peir area. I beleive it was 45 dollars, we haggled a little, and that was transfer and lunch. Look for the Playa Mia Beach Break sign.

Had a great time and very nice beach.

Archived