RCCL FOS Owners vs Royal Family for family with small children

chandon

Hello,

We are wondering if anyone has feedback on these two cabin options. After Christmas at grandma and grandpa's with a 1 and a 3 year old sleeping (or not) in our room, we are second guessing our current cabin which is one big room...the Owners Suite. We know the Royal Family has separate bedrooms as well as a separate living area. We would welcome feedback from anyone who has stayed in either of these with little ones. We have paid in full and are aware that we will likely lose the extra we paid for the upgraded Owners Suite.

Thank you!

I have stayed in suites on Royal but not the Royal family but I HAVE stayed in two bedroom suites on other lines so I can compare it with our experiences.

Yes it's nice because you can shut the door and you can actually stay inside the suite area while they are trying to go to sleep. On the cruises when we had the suites with no separate bedrooms (they do have the curtains you can pull) - we simply walked "outside" to the balcony.

We pulled the curtains and walked outside. For me - I would rather be outside enjoying the ocean than watching TV in the suite anyway. So I didn't need the extra bedrooms.

On Royal I wouldn't pay for an upgrade to the RFS.

On the other ship where we had the two bedrooms - the upgrade included some AMAZING suite amenities that isn't available on Royal - so no - I wouldn't upgrade.

Archived