NCL Pearl-- Don't miss the Bavarian Beerfest (recipe help?)

jentroubles

We were on the pre-Christmas cruise on the Pearl and were blown away by how good the Bavarian Beerfest held on the last day in the Great Outdoors Area. If you are cruising on the Pearl--do NOT miss this! I would also appreciate if anyone is onboard, please try to get some recipes to post! The head chef Messiah Ritzinger was great-- but as it was the last day I didn't get to ask him if he would share his recipes

There was a full spread of salads: german potato, cucumber, and a cold cabbage. Fresh breads, including pretzels of all shapes and an incredible, obatzta (bavarian cheese mousse). Saurbrauten, all different types of wurst, whole roasted pig, Kasespatzle (cheese pasta), Semmelknodel in pilzrahmsosse (bread dumplings in forest mushroom cream sauce), braised red cabbage, braised sauerkraut in wine...it goes on and on.

The desserts were even better--- real bavarian filled creme donuts (i'd give a body part for this recipe), apple strudel. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I'm a total foodie-- and this was by far one of the best meals we've ever had. We had double helpings and just loved it. Dinner at Le Bistro that night honestly paled in comparisson.

So--- if anyone is one the Pearl and can get some recipes for the cheese mousse, dumplings, braised red cabbage and those heavenly donuts....i'd be forever in your debt!:p

pig.jpg.be6211da3d29ef91f2a91f466fbd5437.jpg

• 2 months later...
We were on the pre-Christmas cruise on the Pearl and were blown away by how good the Bavarian Beerfest held on the last day in the Great Outdoors Area. If you are cruising on the Pearl--do NOT miss this! I would also appreciate if anyone is onboard, please try to get some recipes to post! The head chef Messiah Ritzinger was great-- but as it was the last day I didn't get to ask him if he would share his recipes

There was a full spread of salads: german potato, cucumber, and a cold cabbage. Fresh breads, including pretzels of all shapes and an incredible, obatzta (bavarian cheese mousse). Saurbrauten, all different types of wurst, whole roasted pig, Kasespatzle (cheese pasta), Semmelknodel in pilzrahmsosse (bread dumplings in forest mushroom cream sauce), braised red cabbage, braised sauerkraut in wine...it goes on and on.

The desserts were even better--- real bavarian filled creme donuts (i'd give a body part for this recipe), apple strudel. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I'm a total foodie-- and this was by far one of the best meals we've ever had. We had double helpings and just loved it. Dinner at Le Bistro that night honestly paled in comparisson.

So--- if anyone is one the Pearl and can get some recipes for the cheese mousse, dumplings, braised red cabbage and those heavenly donuts....i'd be forever in your debt!:p

i sure hope they have this on the Jewel next week... I will look for it! Thanks for posting!

Archived