Power Boat Cruise Tour

Protirees

Has anyone tried the "Around Antigua by Powerboat" tour? Here is the description from our shore excursion information:

At the dock, transfer from the ship to your boat and set sail for the island’s north coast. Pass North Sound with its cluster of uninhabited islets, reefs and mangrove thickets. Enter the dark blue Atlantic, traveling down Antigua’s east coast, passing Devil’s Bridge en route to Green Island. Stop for a refreshing dip in the Atlantic breakers before sailing past volcanic cliffs and historic Nelson Dockyard, home to a Royal Naval squadron in the 18th century. Round Antigua’s southern tip and renter the Caribbean, passing white-sand beaches and enjoying views of the island rain forest.

Sounds good, but I wondered how large the boat might be and whether it was a rough trip or not. Any information will be helpful.

HOWDY --- Yes, it is a great tour. My wife and I went on it about 2 months ago. The boats are large zodiacs - they hold about 50 people! So you can imagine they are very stable. I think it is a trip not too miss - you get to see the whole island with some knowledgeable tour guides.

Have Fun

• 2 months later...
The boats were pretty big, and I am glad to see that some folks had a great time - a word to the wary - Once you cross into the Atlantic side - it is rough. We got quite wet and it was very bumpy. Would have prefered it if it would have been calmer. Having been on a cruise for a few days, the last thing we wanted was to be rocked and rolled and sprayed. It is literally a wet and wild adventure so be prepared. If this is what you want then you will be in for a good time.

Archived