stateroom question

ambullmom

Has anyone stayed in stateroom B757 or B756 on the Caribbean Princess. The Balcony looks larger. My first Princess cruise was on the Grand and I loved it. I just thought it might be fun to try one of these rooms. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I just got off of the Summit in April, an 11 day cruise. I can't wait to get back on Princess. I just hope an 11 night cruise has not spoiled me to much. Will I be happy on a 7 day cruise again?

Thanks so much,

Mary Beth

Just returned from the CB and we had cabin B756. Our son and wife were in B757 so I had the opportunity see them both. We previously sailed on the CB and had a BA on Lido deck. Yes, the balcony is bigger in the aft cabins.

On our Lido balcony we had one lounger and a table and two plastic chairs. We were usually moving these around to get enough room. On the aft BB, there were 2 loungers, a table and two plastic chairs (already there) with plenty of room to move around. My son only had a table and 2 plastic chairs and decided he didn't want to request any more. These two cabins are separated by a vent that blows slightly cool air. It was no problem for either of us. You can not hear it when inside the cabin. Strangely, when we arrived in our cabin, our balcony separation had been stuffed with towels and taped up to keep any air from flowing through on the vent side. I am guessing that someone before us had complained about the breeze that can be felt if you stand at the rail. This must have been how the workers took care of the situation. After a few days we decided that we would enjoy the breeze offered. My son's room had no tape, so I don't think it was there for any other reason. We told our steward that we were going to remove it and he seemed fine with it. He took all the towels away and we were very happy with our little breeze. I do think that the aft cabins are less breezy than the Lido Deck side balconys. We loved the aft for the balcony, we loved the Lido for the location and in Oct. we are returning again and have the infamous E731 mini-suite with the extended balcony! There will be 3 of us in the cabin this time so we needed the larger room.

I'll bet you won't like going back to a 7 day cruise, after an 11-day. When it was time for us to leave this last one, we kept saying how great it would be to do a B2B someday. Love the Caribbean Princess and I think you will too.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

awfw

AWFW, Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to my thread. It seems to me that the little breeze would be welcome as there is not much breeze aft. Correct? My cruise will be in the spring. My sister and I take an annual cruise together. Hubby is not so much into cruising, Wish I could change him. Maybe I could get two cruises a year going!

I guess by the spring I will be happy to be going on a 7 day cruise. By then I will be so ready to cruise.

Thanks so much,

Mary Beth

Mary Beth,

Yes, that little breeze was nice. Of course the weather could have had something to do with the lack of breeze on this cruise. We had 7 days of sunshine and smooth seas, very calm.

You are right about looking forward to your spring cruise, any cruise is a great one! Hope you have a fantastic time.

awfw

Archived