Is FTTF worth it?

Newbie41

Just got off the Dream yesterday and we had FTTF. We used Park n Cruise rode the first shuttle to the port and 10:30am. When we walked into the terminal they were already calling #8 and there was hardly anyone waiting. We walked right on the boat at 10:50am and right up to our room to drop off our carry on. We ate lunch then walked back down to our room (about 11:20am) and our bags had already arrived. We changed into our bathing suits, unpacked and were up at the waterslides for hours before everyone else could even get in their rooms (1:30pm). To me, that was worth the $50 alone.

We didn't tender at all and we never needed guest services but debarkation day we were given tag #25, which was a departure time of 9:45-10am. Later that evening we received a letter stating since we had FTTF to use the #2 departure tags and leave whenever we wished. We walked off the boat at 7:30am and were back home in Tampa by 10am (when we were technically scheduled to get off boat). Again, I feel FTTF was worth it:)

• 1 year later...

I just booked FTTF for my March cruise on the Liberty and we're visiting Grand Cayman. One of the reasons for wanting this was that the last time we were there, I got to sit in the lounge for two hours waiting for the tender. How does tendering work with FTTF? Do I have to get my ticket earlier, is it given to me automatically? If FTTF saves me a couple hours of hanging out in the lounge, then it's worth its weight in gold:D

• 5 months later...
I realize that FTTF will allow you to debark earlier than others, but will it allow you to debark at any time that you want? For example, could I choose to debark at 9:00AM - 10:00AM since I have no reason to be at the airport for an early flight back home?

We purchased FTTF for our cruise last week and was very happy we did.

The water in our cabin (sink, toilet and shower) was boiling hot and required a trip to Guest Services every day in addition to the many phone calls we made.

With a line of 20 people, walking right up to the FTTF/Diamond Guest Services line with no one in front of us was pretty sweet. Of course, those 20 people on line didn't think so.

Tendering in Belize and Grand Cayman we were met with lots of nasty remarks, people hurling slurs of us being line cutters. No amount of explaining would calm the crowd.

Did we care? Nah... We were ushered to the tender lickity split!

When issued the luggage tags at the conclusion of our cruise, we were #3. We awoke early and ate breakfast at 0730. By the time we were finished, our number was called. We get downstairs to the luggage carousel and it was almost empty. By the time we retrieved our luggage and got on line for customs, the place was a mad house.

I will absolutely get FTTF again :)

Thanks, Carnival!

We always try to get it for our cabin but it can be hard as there is a limited number available and they seem to open up a few here and there as you get closer to the cruise. I've heard it depends on the number of platinum and diamond cruisers are on board.

Personally, I think it is worth it. You can get on the ship quicker and get off quicker. You can use the diamond/platinum guest services as mentioned. We have only used that feature once. We have never used the tendering preference before but this next cruise we may well. You can go straight to your room and drop off carry on luggage and you do get your luggage quicker as well. I think it is a bit pricy honestly but worth it for these reasons.