Coral World Questions

Sportsdoc

Will be stopping in St. Thomas this June with RCC. Looking at Sea Lion Swim at Coral World and had a few questions for veterans that I could not find searching forum.

1. RCC limits the excursion on ship to those 8 and over. My children are 6 and 9. The Coral World web site just says over 50 lbs, not pregnant and accompanied by and adult. If we do on our own is anyone aware of an age restriction?

2. Given above...we will be "on our own" and will take a taxi to and from. When scheduling time how long did it take to get from port to site via taxi?

THANK YOU so much to anyone who is able to share information. I have also emailed coral world but based on prior posts I am not sure if I should hold my breath for them to email me back. Thank you again!

Will be stopping in St. Thomas this June with RCC. Looking at Sea Lion Swim at Coral World and had a few questions for veterans that I could not find searching forum.

1. RCC limits the excursion on ship to those 8 and over. My children are 6 and 9. The Coral World web site just says over 50 lbs, not pregnant and accompanied by and adult. If we do on our own is anyone aware of an age restriction?

2. Given above...we will be "on our own" and will take a taxi to and from. When scheduling time how long did it take to get from port to site via taxi?

THANK YOU so much to anyone who is able to share information. I have also emailed coral world but based on prior posts I am not sure if I should hold my breath for them to email me back. Thank you again!

We were there in April 12. Did not book through the ship. We did not plan the sea lion swim but did it when we got there. We were lucky not many people there and they had an opening. We took the $1 bus. Had to walk out of the cruise ship area about a half a mile to catch the bus. Bus dropped us off down the street a few hindered yards from the entrance. Had a coupon I pick up either on line or in one of those free maps you get at the information booth right of the ship. After touring the aquarium we decided to do the swim. When we were all done we snorkel at the beach right there. Great day. Took a taxi back a lot cheaper that time of day. All in all a great day. Go by what the web site says. I called before our trip and they answered all my questions. The taxi was about a 15 to 20 minute ride. Not bad at all.

Good Luck.

Archived