Making Our Voices Heard

A poll seems a good idea to me, what do other members think?

We need to do something to try and get the cruise lines to take notice of what is needed to help make it easier for disabled travellers.

We are just back from a longish cruise around South America on the Grand Princess and the Travelscoot made my husband's life just great on board. We kept the travelscoot in our stateroom at night and it certainly takes up no more room than a folding wheelchair. I am still perplexed at P & O UK's policy on motorised scooters etc. and intend to write to the CEO. The agent handling our booking for our September 2013 cruise on the Azura states that P & O (UK) will not allow us to take the Travelscoot on board as we are not in a disabled cabin or a suite. Even when I asked if we could take it on board and store it for port use we were told this was not allowed and basically it was our problem. We were going to change to Princess but the agent said we would lose our deposit if we did that and weren't interested in transferrring us to a more accommodating cruise line like Princess.

Hi joankiara, the more people that contact them the more chance we have of getting changes made.P&O's CEO is David Dingle and MD is Carol Marlow .

Strange how Princess allow scooters in standard cabins and yet P&O dont even though they are both part of Carnival UK, can't use ADA as excuse because P&O are quoting health and safety as reason..

Archived