Are Cruise Prices Increasing?

Depends on time of year too. Winter are much less than late spring and summer, then fall in autum, except for holidays (at least on West Coast). There are a lot lower prices on the East coast.

You're right, so I decided that I should compare apples and apples and compare the short cruises out of Long Beach in July of 2013 and July of 2014 instead of July 2014 with what I've paid for a winter cruise, and the prices do seem similar for July 2013 and July 2014. I still would not book a cruise on Carnival for over $100/person/day for an inside cabin.

I keep a spreadsheet of the per person cost of all of our cruises. The price per person per day is definitely trending up for our Carnival cruises and it is trending down for our Royal Carribbean cruises. Interesting. With inflation it should be going up some or quality will continue to suffer. Not sure what's going on with Royal. We like them both. We go with the best deal out of Galveston when we book.

As far as ES, it is a good deal if the price is $100 cheaper than the next best rate. It only costs you that $100 if you make a change (for 2 people), so you don't really risk anything booking ES. Also, I hardly ever see a "sale" or a special OBC "deal" that isn't a higher price to book than the "OBC" that you get. Be Careful with "sales".

I've noticed too that pricing has increased since their rate structure change on cruise itineraries that we normally take. In fact, I am holding off on booking our next one because I am not comfortable with the price changes and I don't like to play the Price Guarantee game. I may start leaning towards being flexible and booking a last minute deal cruise when the time comes.

My thoughts exactly.

Archived