Changing from Soda Package to Alcohol Package?

My friend and I purchased the soda package online over a month ago for our cruise that leaves in 4 days (2/7) on Liberty.

Now that RCI released the alcohol packages we are wondering if we can change onboard to the Classic Package for one of us (who plans to drink mainly virgin drinks or wine) and premium for the other (who will drink more).

Has anyone tried this?

Hey Justdoit,

I have heard (only through hearsay) that cruises under 7 days will not have the alcohol package available. If that is not the case, others that cruised recently have said that there will be tables set up onboard the first day for you to sign up for an alcohol package. Just in case you haven't heard yet, if your friend is 21 y/o or older and booked in your stateroom, your friend will have to purchase the same alcohol package. Bummer, I know.

Hope it works out for you both and safe sailing,

Brig

Just call the customer service desk directly and ask them if you can upgrade your selection.

You'll likely both have to purchase the same package, but I'm sure upgrading from your soda package won't be an issue....you're upgrading not downgrading

Hey Justdoit,

I have heard (only through hearsay) that cruises under 7 days will not have the alcohol package available. If that is not the case, others that cruised recently have said that there will be tables set up onboard the first day for you to sign up for an alcohol package. Just in case you haven't heard yet, if your friend is 21 y/o or older and booked in your stateroom, your friend will have to purchase the same alcohol package. Bummer, I know.

Hope it works out for you both and safe sailing,

Brig

I thought the alcohol package was available on cruises of 4 nights or longer.

Archived