what documents to take in ports

gpost

When going to ports do we take birth certificates with us or do we just need our drivers license and s,s card? Also what should my 16 and 20 year old take if they have no drivers license?

I always take a copy of our passports. Sometimes I take the actual passport but at least a copy plus drivers license and, of course, s. & S. card.Have never traveled with a Birth Certificate. Always a passport. If you don't have one, you should get one for everyone. They are easy to get and are going to be required before much longer.

Quoting from the "Welcome Aboard" booklet that comes with your documents:

GOING ASHORE:

"Your Sail & Sign card will serve as your boarding card. This card identifies you as a Carnival guest and must be carried with you, along with a picture identification when you go ashore."

I don't know about every state, but our DMV office issues photo ID cards.

I know that on Cozumel, every time I'm headed back to the ship, there's been a MX guard who says: "I need to see your ship card and photo ID." They've always been smiling and nice, but I sure won't argue with a guy holding a gun.;)

Archived