coral world - st thomas sea lion swim

mibond007

Has anyone done the late (2:45) sea lion swim? I am concerned about making it back to the boat on time.

What time does your ship depart? Are you going on your own or doing a ship tour? If you are doing a ship tour, then you really have no worries. If you are going on you own, then I would make sure the tour is over at least an hour before the latest time you need to be back on the ship(probably a little more to be safe). The taxi ride is less than 30 minutes and they run often. A lot of the cabs are the open air variety that wait till they fill up to run, so you might have to wait a little bit to get back to port. The Sea Lion swim part itself doesn't last that long (maybe 45 minutes to an hour tops), but you'd want to get there early enough to enjoy the rest of what Coral World has to offer. Afterwards, you might want to buy a c/d of the experience, and you have to wait a liittle while for them to process them, so figure if your tour starts at 2:45, I'd plan on a good two hours to not feel rushed and then another 30 minutes to get back to port.

I'm assuming your ship sails at 6:00. We're on the Liberty next week and just reserved the 2:45 swim for my wife and daughter. I'm figuring the 2:45 time is also island time whereas the 6:00 sail time is on ship time. They told us we'd be done by 3:45 aka 4:45 ship time. I'm hoping if the pic CD takes a while we can pay for it and have them mail it. That should leave enough time to catch a cab and get back to the port.

I'll come back to this thread and answer after we get back. If I don't come back and answer you may want to cancel your reservation as we're probably stuck in St. Thomas. ;)

I'm assuming your ship sails at 6:00. We're on the Liberty next week and just reserved the 2:45 swim for my wife and daughter. I'm figuring the 2:45 time is also island time whereas the 6:00 sail time is on ship time. They told us we'd be done by 3:45 aka 4:45 ship time. I'm hoping if the pic CD takes a while we can pay for it and have them mail it. That should leave enough time to catch a cab and get back to the port.

I'll come back to this thread and answer after we get back. If I don't come back and answer you may want to cancel your reservation as we're probably stuck in St. Thomas. ;)

At least it's not the worst place in the world to be stuck:)

I think you should have time to get your c/d. There are only a handful of people per tour and they burn them pretty quickly; especially if you let them know you are eager to get back to the ship

see i read somewhere that the island time was an hour ahead of ship time which would make the excursion 1:45 ship time but I have never been to this port, I just googled it.

this is what I found here

http://www.havefunwithus.net/resources/cruiseships.html

St. Thomas falls in the (Atlantic Time) zone, which is 1 hour ahead of U.S. Eastern time

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, I had the time backwards. My wife and daughter had a ball, they heartily recommend doing it! We didn't have any trouble getting a cab and were back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. We jumped in a van going to Coki beach after getting off the ship and spent a few hours hanging out at the beach before walking over to Coral World, (which is literally right next door.)

My son did the shark encounter and enjoyed that. The rest of the park is somewhat small but is interesting enough to walk around.

Yup, I had the time backwards. My wife and daughter had a ball, they heartily recommend doing it! We didn't have any trouble getting a cab and were back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. We jumped in a van going to Coki beach after getting off the ship and spent a few hours hanging out at the beach before walking over to Coral World, (which is literally right next door.)

My son did the shark encounter and enjoyed that. The rest of the park is somewhat small but is interesting enough to walk around.

Awesome thanks for updating makes me feel a little better now...Always so worried about being left behind.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived