Tricky invites

RunningRN

If you have read other posts I am helping my Son and DIL to be plan their cruise wedding. (Since I have cruised before). However, there situation is a little different. As we moved to Texas from Indiana in October (and she followed in November). So that means there will be very few people back from Indiana that will be able to make the trip to Texas and/or cruise for the wedding. So they are planning to have a large reception in Indiana sometime in January (after their cruise December 1 2013). So the questions are:

1. Do they send invites to only those that they know will probably be able to attend the cruise?

2. But since there is noway to do a bridal shower with her living in Texas and not really knowing anyone yet I was wondering about the registry, but how do you let people know about it. Would it be tacky to send out "wedding shower invites" with that information on it ?

3. For those who have seperate receptions post cruise do you send out seperate invitations or include in the actual wedding invitation with the separte date/information on it?

Thanks for any advise you can help us with

1. Do they send invites to only those that they know will probably be able to attend the cruise?

They should send invites to anyone they would like to join them at their wedding - It shouldn't matter where that wedding will be. Those who cannot come will RSVP, no.

2. But since there is noway to do a bridal shower with her living in Texas and not really knowing anyone yet I was wondering about the registry, but how do you let people know about it. Would it be tacky to send out "wedding shower invites" with that information on it ?

You can put registry infomation on a wedding website with other wedding details and also let people know by word of mouth. You will be suprised how many people will just ask you where you are registered. You could also just fly to and throw a shower in Indiana.

3. For those who have seperate receptions post cruise do you send out seperate invitations or include in the actual wedding invitation with the separte date/information on it?

I'm not 100% sure on this one...

My fiancée and I just compleed our wedding invites, and while it took a bit of doing, we ended up making 1 invitation, it was for the reception, and everyone got it, and then we put an insert into the invitation that matched it, and contained all the extra information that out non sailing guests would need to give us in order to go.

Registry info went on the website.

Our reception is 1 day after we get back from our 10 day cruise, so it may be better for you to do two invites, though not cheaper.

Because our embarkation day is a Monday it has made it tough for some people to attend, but you will get that with weddings, and the people who want to be there, will be.

Archived