Casual Beach Day! (Quick Review/Pics)

kathew

We decided to make our day in Grand Cayman a “free day.” Thank goodness we did!!!!!! We weren’t able to get off of the ship for 4 hours after it docked b/c of the “bad weather.” There wasn’t bad weather. There were just 3 other cruise ships in the port who were also using the tendering boats.

Once we got onto the island we found someone who was advertising a shuttle to the beaches. We got in the 15 passenger air conditioned van, and off we went. It was $10 round trip per person. They took us about 15 minutes away to one of the further beaches at some beach club. My husband and I didn’t have a desire to eat/drink or be in the crowded area, so we walked about 50 yards to find a quieter area to lounge. This was a very busy & crowded beach. It was also an extremely small/narrow beach.

The water was beautiful!! SO we walked up to a rental stand and rented snorkeling gear for $10/pp for an hour. We had such a wonderful time snorkeling off of the beach. We saw so so so many beautiful fish. I would definitely recommend this!! Especially for the price. I liked that it wasn’t a guided tour, so we could swim around as we pleased.

We weren’t there long, probably 2-3 hours total before it was time to head back to the ship. We got back with some time to spare so we did some shopping. Lots of shops right by the pier. Definitely not a day to stay on the ship. It was worth the wait for the boat!!

190565409_cruisesmcam251.jpg.9c0888d81e2c200743c68cdff4e823ae.jpg

1711644141_cruisesmcam284.jpg.d90614a7338385938a010fc05294dd12.jpg

376041578_cruisesmcam370.jpg.c5c289969fa23e7bee4f490acaaf123d.jpg

894339889_cruisesmcam382.jpg.e5da99553cdf5b4a81cae164f8cdc521.jpg

snorkel.jpg.d4d585c3af78d52c3598c0e433346e90.jpg

The chairs were free, and we weren't interested in umbrellas so I'm not sure about that. I'm unsure of the beach name.. sorry! It was hard to hear with there being so many people in the van. All we could hear was that it was a new beach club. How new... I'm not sure. I just know we passed a lot of stuff on 7 mile beach while on the way to our area.

The chairs were free, and we weren't interested in umbrellas so I'm not sure about that. I'm unsure of the beach name.. sorry! It was hard to hear with there being so many people in the van. All we could hear was that it was a new beach club. How new... I'm not sure. I just know we passed a lot of stuff on 7 mile beach while on the way to our area.

More likely Tiki Beach then. Polynesian looking main building???

6173813898_62a093c94a_z.jpg

Archived