One Positive, One Negative

bucks724

Since some are considered "Cheerleaders" and others are "Bashers", why don't we all (cheerleaders and bashers alike) list a positive and a negative to cruising Carnival. Let's not nit-pick - and be honest.

I'll start with my most recent cruise:

Positive: Great ship, ports and price; LOVED Cucina del Capitano at lunch (free!)

Negative: Food seems to have gone downhill since I started cruising; however, I don't cruise to eat, so this isn't an issue. I didn't go hungry, and was willing to pay for a good meal at Bonsai and the Steakhouse.

What say you?

Positive: Meeting and getting to know the crew members. I love asking them about their homes, families, jobs, down-time interests, everything.

Negative: I have two; lack of electrical outlets in the cabins, and that some crew are so concerned about not upsetting passengers that they don't always enforce the rules.

Positive: Meeting and getting to know the crew members. I love asking them about their homes, families, jobs, down-time interests, everything.

Negative: I have two; lack of electrical outlets in the cabins, and that some crew are so concerned about not upsetting passengers that they don't always enforce the rules.

It is always fun to talk with them when they have time about their families and home. But then I feel sad. Especially when they have little kids at home that they have to leave to provide for!

Electrical outlets - the issue is getting better I think as they put out more ships. We had two in our main cabin space on Breeze. Better than the one we're used to!

Positive: sailed on the Victory last month with my husband, 4 adult children and 2 of their girlfriends and we all had a wonderful time.

Negative: There was a propulsion problem that caused us to not leave San Juan until Monday morning.

Positive: they fixed the problem when we got to St. Thomas and the rest of the cruise went without a hitch.

Negative: it ended to soon!

It is always fun to talk with them when they have time about their families and home. But then I feel sad. Especially when they have little kids at home that they have to leave to provide for!

Electrical outlets - the issue is getting better I think as they put out more ships. We had two in our main cabin space on Breeze. Better than the one we're used to!

I used to get a bit sad too when they talked about their children at home, but then it was pointed out to me, what parent doesn't love to tell people about their children? I just love watching their faces light up and their loving smiles as they tell the stories of them.

As for the electrical outlets, I shouldn't have said more but need one placed closer to the bed. Having only two places to plug in electricals has never been a problem, but I have to use a CPAP machine at night, and while we brought a small extension cord this last cruise, it wasn't long enough. Thankfully our sweet room steward, Iena, found a longer one for me.

Positive: fantastic window suite with awesome perks for not much more than we had paid for a plain balcony cabin our prior cruise

Negative: propulsion issues that caused us to depart San Juan late, as well as late arrival at several ports. Also horrendous banging and clanking stabilizer problems that kept us up ALL night the second to last night of our cruise). Five weeks later the ship broke completely down and passengers spent a week on a floating hotel tied to the dock. :(

I always bring a power strip (surge protector) it really comes in handy.

I always bring a power strip (surge protector) it really comes in handy.

We had a power strip and extension cord ready to go, walked out the door without either. My bmom had her power strip ready, of course we forgot to put that in the truck too.

Thankfully I remembered all those extra clothes we never even considered wearing. :rolleyes:

Pros: Being on vacation

Cons: the FOOD! MDR food is maybe on par with an Applebees or Chilis. (by the way, this is NOT a good thing) It's sad that if you want food the way it used to be on cruise ships you have to pay the extra fee for the Steakhouse.

Archived