NCL Gem at Port Canaveral?

noche_caliente

Hi everyone,
I've been reading for ideas of things to do when the NCL Gem docks on 6/10. We will have our DD(2) and DS(8) with us. We are not wanting to rent cars or take taxis as we do not want to deal with car seats. It seems like our best options are to take the beach trolley or walk to Jetty Park, or just stay on the ship. Does anyone know where the Gem will dock? Some of the threads I've seen mention visiting ships docking at the B terminals which are close to the park and bus stop.
Thanks for any help!

We were on the Jewel at Port Canaveral in January and we took the Cocoa beach shuttle. I too didn't want to worry about car seats, the buses are indeed buses and do not have seatbelts. The shuttle was very easy to use and dropped us off about a block from the beach. Coming back we waited about 10 minutes for a shuttle, again very simple.
I tried to figure out the local bus from port but never ended up pursing it, as we were there on New Year's Day and it wasn't running. Iirc we docked at the first slip as you enter the harbour, we drove by the DCL signs as we arrived back to the ship from the shuttle. I never did figure out if the docking location changes week by week.

the 2yo will be free...so any interest in Disney?

Seaworld?

don't let anyone dissuade you...2yo's love disney and you won't need to do much else than walk around and put the 6yo on a few rides or attractions in fantasyland do keep him happy.

just the walk down main street usa and the parade makes the day worth it for kids this age...and that being said, you won't really need to worry about long lines

alternately, if you want cheap and easier..take the shuttle to cocoa beach

I am quite safety conscious but if I were to do Disney and they said the 2 yo was OK to sit on my lap...that is what I would do....and of course have my lightweight umbrella stroller will a sun cover packed in the cargo.....you wont be the only one with a 2yo on that bus..trust me

Archived