Excellent Russian River Cruise Review

Suite 16

To anyone considering a Russian River Cruise, or just interested in reading about one, I would highly recommend a review I happened to find on Fodor's. The writer, Rudy, describes in helpful detail her cruise a few years ago on Viking Kirov, St. Petersburg - Moscow. She answers many questions. I found it on the following site -

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2&tid=138252

When you reach the Fodor's site, scroll down on the left side until you arrive at No. 15 - My Russian River Cruise click on.

It's long, but very worthwhile. It was particularly interesting to us because we will be on this cruise in a few weeks, and appreciated the tips she offered.

PS - For some reason, although I type in the site, parts of it change - either or adding or leaving off part. Hope more experienced computer users can find it. I wish I could remember how I found this initially.

:confused: It's funny that you say how great the Viking Russian cruise was. I was just talking with some folks who have been on previous river cruises and loved them. They couldn't say anything nice about their viking Russian cruise. They wished they had taken Vantage. I don't know any particulars, just generally unhappy. One thing was the accomodations and having to pay extra for every side trip.

Actually, I didn't say how great the Viking Russian River Cruise was - we won't be doing it until next week. I simply tried to recommend a site that described this cruise in very helpful detail. The writer, Rudy, expressed her opinion - she had a wonderful cruise.

We have received all the information from Viking for our Russian River Cruise, and all tours are included with the exception of one in St. Petersburg and one in Moscow. On our cruise from Vienna to Amsterdam with Viking several months ago, everything was included with the exception of two optional tours in Vienna - one, a concert, we did, and the other, a Palace tour, we skipped to explore on our own.

We were very pleased with Viking - our first river cruise after years of ocean cruising - last October, and are looking forward to just as satisfying experience in Russia. Will try to update these comments on our return.

I don't know these people who were displeased, maybe they complain about everything. I know everyone usually says Viking is great. You know you'll have a wonderful time just seeing Russia and cruising. What's there not to love??

Archived