Celebrity Eclipse

Trialawyer

Well, it has been a long time since I last came here. It's my favorite thread, so I just feel like I have to post here one more time before I leave for my first ever cruise (which is less than in three weeks time!!!). Oh my! I am still worried... And also so exited!!! I am always nervous before I go on any trip but this time it feels like it is something different. Nevertheless I am really looking forward to it. I hope everything goes well! Please wish me luck and good weather!

Bon voyage to you and the other posters who are joining you on your journey. Wishing you all clear skies and smooth seas. Please share your thoughts and experiences with us when you return. :)

Hi MarGG

We are on the same cruise as you, and like yourself getting quite excited.

If you need to borrow any guidebooks we have a few and would have no problem lending

Have you registered for the meet and mingle.

Thanks for the invitation! I never thought about that. And how do you register?

You won't need luck - I was going to say I hope you have a wonderful time - but I don't need to hope, I know you will :)

We are going on Infinity in October, and have 2 cruises on our absolute favourite ship to look forward to next year booked already.

Your first cruise is very, very special, and you will feel nervous, apprehensive,excited and overwhelmed all at once - but its a wonderful feeling. Please don't worry about anything, you are going on a fabulous ship, with a wonderful cruise line, which is in itself fantastic when it's your first time - enjoy :)

Lou x

Thank you for the encouragement! I am actually almost sure the cruise is going to be great! Still nervous a bit as it is going to be an absolutely new experience!

And thank you Jo and Rob! I will try the roll call. It is strange I haven't done it earlier. Thank you for the hint.

Bon voyage to you and the other posters who are joining you on your journey. Wishing you all clear skies and smooth seas. Please share your thoughts and experiences with us when you return. :)

Merci Trialawyer! Your thread was probably the most helpful of all and I will definitely come back and share my own experience.

• 3 months later...

9. Perry Grant. He is a flamboyant cabaret singer something like Liberace on steroids, who held court nightly on Celebrity's older and smaller Constellation for many years. I heard that Perry was about to join the Eclipse starting the cruise after mine so we missed him by a day. Perry is so immensely popular that some passengers book their cruises just because of him. You can watch videos of his performances on YouTube.

In my review of the Eclipse at the head of this thread, I cited Perry Grant as one of ten compelling reasons to consider a Celebrity cruise. Last evening I came across another thread on this Bulletin Board where Perry is being passionately debated, so I wish to add my thoughts to the discussion. For those who don't know, Perry is now a fixture on the Eclipse after performing for years on the Constellation. He began performing on the Eclipse the day after my January 2013 cruise, so I had just missed him. I came to "know" Perry from six cruises on board the Constellation in as many years. In fact, we were among the few people who shared the gym for a workout in the early evenings.

Despite me recommending him to you, he cannot count me among his formidable fan base. While videos of him performing on YouTube can give you a flavor of what to expect, Perry's strength is in person as he interacts with an audience who by and large find him charming, amusing and outrageous. Perry plays to packed houses nearly every evening in the intimate confines of Michael's Club. There is no question that over the years he has acquired a cult following. I know people who book their cruises just because of him.

In any event, I have seen some posters cynically suggest that Celebrity hires Perry because he makes money for the cruise line. Well, duh! Like all cruise lines, Celebrity is a business, not a charity. Its aim is to create an exceptional vacation experience for us at a price. Judging from his popularity, Perry is a most effective element in that equation.

I'm looking forward to my second Eclipse cruise in January 2014, and even if I choose not to shoehorn myself into Michael's Club to enjoy his shows, there are still those early evening workouts in the gym to exchange a few words with this Celebrity phenomenon.

• 2 weeks later...

I promised to come back to this thread with my impressions about the trip. Well, it took me a long time to do that, but I want to thank you,Trialawyer, once again, for this thread was of great help for me to choose my first cruise! The trip was absolutely wonderful! We enjoyed every single minute of it! We liked everything - the ship, the crew, the people around us, the route of the tour. The ship is really like home. Everything is done to make you comfortable and happy. And we made a lot of little discoveries which we would probably never make on a land-based tour. For instance, I knew St. Petersburg was wonderful and I always wanted to see Stockholm. And I was not a least disappointed. But I never even thought of visiting Tallin. And unexpectedly fell in love with it. A charming little place which I will come back to one day for sure - now I know that. I will come back with a little review a bit later, and now I just want to say thank you to everybody on this forum who shared their experience with us and gave such nice and useful advice!

• 4 months later...
Having just gotten of the Eclipse, we agree with the review. The Eclipse is outstanding.

Note that Erkan told us that he was leaving the ship soon to visit with his family.

Because we were in a Sky Suite we had our choice of the MDR or Blu. We chose to eat in Blu, although we did eat in the MDR on the first night (and enjoyed a delicious cut of Roast Beef). The food and service in Blu is excellent. In our opinion, it is well worth the additional cost of Aqua Class.

It was our first time in a Sky Suite and we loved the additional room and the extra perks. Our butler, George Matthew, couldn't do enough for us. We had read that some of the S-2 suites have early morning noise issues but we hsd none in 2118,

Hi could you please reply privately

Edited by Allaroundtheworldin60days
Wanted to send private message please delete this from forum

Having just gotten of the Eclipse, we agree with the review. The Eclipse is outstanding.

Note that Erkan told us that he was leaving the ship soon to visit with his family.

Because we were in a Sky Suite we had our choice of the MDR or Blu. We chose to eat in Blu, although we did eat in the MDR on the first night (and enjoyed a delicious cut of Roast Beef). The food and service in Blu is excellent. In our opinion, it is well worth the additional cost of Aqua Class.

It was our first time in a Sky Suite and we loved the additional room and the extra perks. Our butler, George Matthew, couldn't do enough for us. We had read that some of the S-2 suites have early morning noise issues but we hsd none in 2118,

Hi could I send you a private message please?

• 2 weeks later...