Ferry from Dockyard

RosieKate

I was on the seexpress.bm website reading the Blue Route ferry schedule (Mon-Fri). Can someone explain this to me? The first column says "Leave Hamilton", the second column says "Leave Dockyard" - when does it arrive at the Dockyard? Then it has 2 columns that say Watford Bridge and Cavello Bay. Do these times mean it is arriving and departing these places? Then the last column says "Arrive Hamilton". The Orange route schedule has columns that say "Depart" and "Arrive", which I can easily understand. I just want to make sure I am reading the schedule correctly. Thanks!

I see what you mean. The high speed Ferry normally takes 15-20 minutes to get from Hamilton to the Dockyards. There is some confusion in what they have written here.

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=283&PageID=0

but unless it it saying that its leaving a hour or so it will probably be a direct ferry to the Dockyard....

Blue route: Hamilton - Dockyard - Watford - Cavello - Hamilton

The times for "leave dockyard" are mostly 25-30 min after "leave Hamilton" so the ferry reaches Dockyard from Hamilton, unloads and loads passengers, and is off again in a total time of 25 minutes.

Note that a few blue-route ferries go in the opposite direction (Hamilton - Cavello . . . ) in which case the Cavello time is about 30 minutes after "leave Hamilton", and "leave Dockyard" is about an hour after "leave Hamilton".

There are also a few that go direct Hamilton - Dockyard - Hamilton, in which case there are no times posted for Watford or Cavello.

I have also been looking at the ferry schedule as we want to visit Somerset Village and the map shows the blue line going from Hamilton to Somerset to Watford, etc. --but it doesn't say "Somerset" when you look at the schedule as to arrival time?? Am I missing something?? Do you just use the 30 minute rule to factor in the various stops before reaching the Dockyard? Interesting schedule!!

Archived