Has anyone used Claudio for Private Vatican Tour

Our group booked him for October and we have emailed back and forth for months planning our tours. I guess with my Louisiana lingo and his Italian we are not getting it together:eek:

We don't have an answer on HOW we get our Vatican tickets.

They are NOT included with the price of our tour.

He did say that we CANNOT purchase them early.

But, he never tells me HOW we will obtain our tickets.

Our tour is at 12:30p.m Friday, Oct. 21, 2005

Question: If anyone used him for the private-guided Vatican tour,

can you tell me how y'all got your tickets.

I've also read that other drivers sing to them or play & sing. Is Claudio entertaining?

Our group will really appreciate any info you give us.

TIA

'Brenda'

I have not gone yet, but I booked Claudio for a private guide for the Vatican. He said with a guide, we can get in earlier, before opening, with his guide.

We are going August 1. I will email him about who is getting the tickets.

Lori

The drivers cannot do private tours. Only the Vatican City itself. See here

http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm

Andy, this is all I know. I was hoping someone would respond that had done this with Claudio's company.

Hi Mrs Brenda,

About tour 7:

THis is a private guided tour of the Vatican with licensed art historian. It's not possible to purchase tickets.

Admission fees are not included.

About illuminated tour:

2 hours are enough to see all the main attractions of Rome lighted.

About tour 1:

Since you arrange the Vatican with licensed guide the rest of the time will be used to see some other sites of interest for a total of 8 hours sightseeing + 1 hour for optional lunch.

About tour 18:

I don't know yet who will be your driver for the excursion to Amalfi Coast. Maybe Carlo or Fabrizio. About lunch at Sorrento or Positano.

warm regards,

Claudio Caponera

I have not gone yet, but I booked Claudio for a private guide for the Vatican. He said with a guide, we can get in earlier, before opening, with his guide.

We are going August 1. I will email him about who is getting the tickets.

Lori

Thanks Lori. I'll keep emailing back & forth with him also. I really don't understand exactly how we end up with tickets. Our tour is 12:30p.m.

Please post if you learn anything or please email me. taintbluegrass@yahoo.com

For what it is worth....We used Claudio for a tour of Rome. He was excellent. Prompt and professional. He isn't a showman, can't imagine him singing. He was however very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed honest. Also gave us some good advice on restuarants.

We talked to him about a Vatican tour. He will drive you there, but a different guide takes you on the tour. We opted to do it on our own (due to cost), with research on the Vatican website for most important sites.

I'd recommend Claudio highly.

Hi Brenda,

Maybe I can answer your question! Or try at least! Several people on our 10/7 thread have booked Claudio for transfers. I also emailed him about tours, etc. & he emailed me back.

I think that what he means is he is unable to purchase tickets in advance for your Vatican tour. He is not allowed to do this. You must still stand in line when you get there & buy the tickets. His email to me indicated that licensed guides are allowed to get into the Museums in the morning up until 9 am & not have to stand in line with his clients. After 9:00 am the licensed guides are required to wait in line also. In other words, if you get there b4 9 am you can go right in without waiting in line. I do not know if he is able to purchase your tickets ahead of time for the group.

If you do not want to stand in line, Claudio can book a 2 hour guided tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel (not St. Peter's) for 20 visitors (this is arranged by the Vatican).

We are doing the above private guided tour of the Vatican arranged through the Vatican, which is being organized by one of our cruisers.

After re-reading your post, it looks to me like you have to stand in line because your tour is 12:30 pm.

Our private tour is starting at 11:30 w/ a Vatican guide. We do not have to wait in line as Jon has already made reservations in advance. We will have a private guided tour w/ a member of the Vatican staff.

Hope this helps. Let me know & I'll see if I can get any info from the other members using his services.

Mary

• 2 months later...

I have hired Claudio for a tour of Rome on 9/23. In his original email he told us that he could take care of arranging a tour guide for the Vatican. In July, he sent an email saying that he could not longer do that as the procedure had changed and he said we would have to reserve it on our own. He suggested a 10AM time and said it would take about 2 hours. He did not volunteer this information until I emailed him about a different tour that the couple sharing the day wanted to take. So it looks like you may have to be proactive.

As near as I have been able to tell, you must fax your ticket request in 30 days from the day you want the tour. The fax number is 39-0669885100. I have not done this yet as I am still trying to figure out the fax in this computer since I just set it up. I have until Tuesday to figure it out.

Archived