Epic haven restaurants

annbel0909

Hi fellow cruise fans,

I'm on the 6th April Epic sailing with 13 others. We have 3 family suites in the Haven.

My question, will we be able to have one big table for 14 for breakfast/lunch/dinner in the Haven restaurants? Or will they put us all at different tables?

Thanks for you help

Ann

If it's important for you to eat all meals together, I see no reason why you can't be accommodated by speaking to the concierge and setting up fixed reservations with a standing time for the week. That way they could have your table set up and ready for your meal every day (they will arrange an area for your large table). Quite honestly, I think planning breakfasts and lunches, or even EVERY dinner together is not a great idea. Some people may want to sleep in, some may want room service, some may eat earlier or later for breakfast. For lunch on sea days, some might want to attend another activity on the ship and eat earlier or later or just skip lunch. Dinner reservations should work for you, but I would leave at least a few nights open for options like dinner shows or specialty restaurants.

Your best bet would be to ask for a reserved seating for your party for at least a few dinners, and any other meal you are determined to eat as a group - and do it once you board. Then, for other meals that you might not have everyone attend, just make a plan to meet at a certain time at the restaurant to be seated together. If your (smaller) group will be more than six at a time, give them as much advance notice as possible to make sure they can arrange tables around your group. If you just show up with more than say six or seven people, you might have to wait a bit until they can put tables together for you. It will be just like any land restaurant - if you show up with a large party and no reservation, you might have to wait...

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your answer. What you say makes total sens.

We are a group that travels together all the time and we always have breakfast together so I will ask that they prepare us a table for that.

For lunch some will, as you said, have something at the buffet, around to pool .... but we would like to have lucnh in the Epic Club on sail away day. Do you think I should request a table before leaving ?

We also always have dinner together and I've already made reservations for Cirque and Moderno and we also plan to have a meal at la Cucina and /or Le Bistro one evening. So I'll just ask that they prepare a table for us for the times we want to have dinner in the Epic Club.

Can't wait to be on the Epic. Been in a suite before but never in the Haven. Should be great

If you know when you will all be boarding and are boarding together, use the pre-cruise concierge to arrange a table ahead of time. The Epic boards a little differently than other ships: once you check in, they board a group at a time, first taking you to the lounge for a "briefing", then a tour of the Haven facilities, ending at the restaurant for lunch (we skipped the end of the tour and lunch and stayed at the Posh bar ;) ). The pre-cruise concierge should be able to time your reservation, but if not, plan for about an hour after arrival at the terminal for your lunch.

Robin

Yes all boarding together as we're all from Belgium and we're flying in april 3rd (staying in Miami Beach a few days before and after cruise).

What time do you suggest we arrive at the port? Around 11am? Ideally we would like to have lunch at 12.30 pm so that we can get up to Posh asap for the sail away party.

Also I don't think I can get in contact with the precruise concierge as I made our reservations via ncl.co.uk?

Archived