Gluten Free in Nassau

Mandy923

My 7yr old son has Celiacs, and eats a Gluten free Diet. He is fairly sensitive- but I wouldn't say extreme. He can't ingest any gluten- but we do eat out, often, and I have to assume that cross contamination occurs, even when he is eating something GF. Rarely has he had a reaction when eating GF food that were prepared in the same area as non-GF foods. So I consider that pretty mild-average for someone with celiac.

We will be on the Norwegian EPIC this December- and I'm not worried about him eating on the ship, at all.

But we will be spending the day in St. Maarten, another in St. Thomas, and a 3rd in Nassua.

Can anyone who has done any of these 3 ports give me a heads up on how you handled your time in port?

I know you can carry off pre-packaged foods, and I may end up doing this for him. But I'd also love to be able to eat somewhere in the ports too.

We've been to Cozumel in the past, and he enjoyed the Chicken nachos at Chakunaab. Thanks to these boards, I was able to find out FOR SURE that others who cannot eat gluten, had these, and didn't get glutened.

So I'm looking for something similar for this years cruise!

I also posted this on the Carribean port of call section.

Thanks for any help!

Archived