Tours From Calvi Corsica

mlkitt3

dear snkwerner

we also want to see the lavender fields as we are on the westerdam june 24 8-6, 2017. which ones did you go to???

. some of the one listed are far from toulon where are ship will port but i would go for it if possible.appreciate any advise you might have.

dianalynn:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi dianalynn,

We were supposed to dock in Marseilles, but due to a strike we were moved to Toulon. I had changed our Avis car rental reservation to the new port. We took a taxi to and from the rental car agency to pick up the car but while there we discovered Enterprise was substantially cheaper and there was no line at the desk. You do need GPS but driving was no problem. Here is our itinerary: Toulon to Gordes (unplanned stop just for a few pictures from road overlooking the town but absolutely wouldn't miss it--drive time just shy of 2 hours), Gordes to Senanque Abbey (minutes away-this is an abbey that is surrounded by lavender--breathtaking), Senanque Abbey to Cassis (1.5 hours-a small seaside town famous for its calanques), Cassis to Toulon (30 minutes). We did have a wait for a taxi to take us back to the ship so I'd allow some time for this. The Enterprise employee was very helpful in finally getting us one. I tried to post three pictures but had problems. If you have any questions, please let me know.