hair braiders in progresso?

kw797979

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and her friend both got their hair braided in Progresso. It cost $15 each to do the top half of their heads. They found the women who did this at the shopping area at the end of the pier

• 1 month later...

We spent the afternoon playing on the beach. While we were there, a few ladies came by who did braids. I think they were asking for $15 for the top. On our way back to the ship, we stopped at the little vendor area right where the shuttle bus drops you off. DD had her hair braided....paid $10 for just the top, $3 more for the beads that dd wanted. There were several hair braiding ladies in that market area.

I've not seen hair braiders. I don't think it's a Mexican thing.

Its not a Mexican thing?? They have hair braiders EVERYWHERE in Mexico!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get our hair done on the ship and in the ports, but if you get your hair done in the ports be sure to bring or but your own brush. You don't want lice!!:eek:

Live 2 Cruise. I think hair braiding is more of a Jamaican or other Caribbean island thing. In my visits, I've never seen a Mexican with braids and I've spent some time in Mexico. I suppose to satisfy the tourist interest they are offering it in Progreso. It's something I will certainly look for in Oct on my two week land trip traveling around the Yucatan. It's been two years since I was last there.

Archived