Royal Caribbean Vow Renewal ??? help

Hi

I booked a large group for our 10 year Vow Renewal next March 10, 2014. I just called to book the renewal package and they told me they dont block off a date/time for renewals. I will not know until I get on board the day and time of the renewal. So basically the contract just guarantees me a vow renewal in a 5 day period. How do you plan for this? what if I find out it is when we are on port? :confused:

Please share with me your experiences??

Thanks

Gisela

Why not do your own vow renewal? That's what we did for our 25th. We had a dear family member do the "vows", we picked the time/place and our TA took care of the details. We had a drinks/snacks reception and went to Portofino's as a group for dinner. We had around 20 ppl, two of them photographers so we even had perfect pics. It is a very fond memory:)

Thanks Marge!

That is something to consider. I filled out a contract and once they call me with more details I will see which is better.

Gisela

We hope to do a vow renewal 2015. Royal had told me they are group renewals ... really? I haven't taken it to the contract level like you so please let me know what info they give you!

Hi

I booked a large group for our 10 year Vow Renewal next March 10, 2014. I just called to book the renewal package and they told me they dont block off a date/time for renewals. I will not know until I get on board the day and time of the renewal. So basically the contract just guarantees me a vow renewal in a 5 day period. How do you plan for this? what if I find out it is when we are on port? :confused:

Please share with me your experiences??

Thanks

Gisela

Your vow renewal will not be in a port or on a port day, the person on the ship will meet with you the first or second day and ask questions regarding you and your husband, to make the renewal special and assist you in finding a location and assisting with the logistics.

We hope to do a vow renewal 2015. Royal had told me they are group renewals ... really? I haven't taken it to the contract level like you so please let me know what info they give you!

The renewals are not in a group, they are individual.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I are celebrating our 15th Anniversary and my 40th birthday on our upcoming cruise. We'll be on the RC Oasis of the Seas. Due to a near fatal accident 7 days before, our original wedding almost didn't take place. Heavily medicated and on crutches, my DH remembers nothing of the actual ceremony. (We joke that we're not legally married since DH was not of sound mind.)

RC wants a ton of money for a Renewal of Vows ceremony (And never responded to my inquiry anyway...) so I am pondering sneaking away to a romantic spot before a planned dinner at 150 Central Park and surprising him with a new ring and some heartfelt words. Has anyone done this in lieu of a formal ceremony?

My husband and I are celebrating our 15th Anniversary and my 40th birthday on our upcoming cruise. We'll be on the RC Oasis of the Seas. Due to a near fatal accident 7 days before, our original wedding almost didn't take place. Heavily medicated and on crutches, my DH remembers nothing of the actual ceremony. (We joke that we're not legally married since DH was not of sound mind.)

RC wants a ton of money for a Renewal of Vows ceremony (And never responded to my inquiry anyway...) so I am pondering sneaking away to a romantic spot before a planned dinner at 150 Central Park and surprising him with a new ring and some heartfelt words. Has anyone done this in lieu of a formal ceremony?

Hi Midwestmomof2

I do agree the vow renewal package is extremely overpriced. And I think finding a romantic spot (specially in the Oasis) sounds like a really good idea, i considered it myself :0) but then my guest list of people coming started getting bigger and bigger. We now have 28. So I decided to go with Royal Romance. I dont want to worry about anything that day :) specially finding a place that will fit 28 people with no interuptions from other cruisers. They have been great to work with so far. Booked my package, now I just have to wait till March 2014

Gisela

Archived